Charts.erpnext.com is not working, unable to download existing charts

Hi,

I tried to use charts.erpnext.com the other day (which is the advocated way to create new charts of accounts for ERPNext), and it was not working at all. The same issue was reported in another thread today as well:

I registered successfully, but then:

• could not fork an existing chart
  • could not create a new chart
  • could not download any of the existing charts to use them in my local installation

There is already a GH issue about fork not working properly, but the issue seems to be deeper than that:

There is also a topic about this here on the forum, but it seems to be stalled:

More importantly: there does not seem to be any way to retrieve the charts that were already created in the tool other than waiting for a Frappe Developer to do it and merge it into ERPNext.

If there is a way to access the charts in a format that can be imported into ERPNext directly, please let us know.

Best Regards,
Gergely

1 Like

Erpnext just updated to v8.
Hungarian chart of account pull postponed to v8.1 on girthub.
Page how to create self managed:

Sajnos elhalasztva a 8.1 verziohoz.
Varnunk kell egy kicsit, sok a dolog a 8 verzio most jott ki.

@krnkris
Thanks for reporting the issue here. I can replicate the issue. We will fix and update this soon.

1 Like

Hi @krnkris ,

yes, I saw in the Github issue, that the merge of the CoA is scheduled for 8.1. This is fine with me, I just wanted to download the json file from the Charts website and merge it myself. Would you be so kind to share this json file with me, if you have it?

Thank you for your help (and the great work on the CoA!).

Best Regards,
Gergely

Hello @kisg,

I’m waiting for the json file as well.

As I see @ArundhatiS taking care of us. :slight_smile:

Now you have it right?

Most már menni fog igaz?

Még nem számokkal, de az is fejlesztés alatt.

Hello everyone

I have now the same problems

• could not fork an existing chart
    * could not create a new chart
  • could not download any of the existing charts to use them in my local installation
2 Likes

Alternative way is to import your own account chart with the importer https://docs.erpnext.com/docs/user/manual/en/chart-of-accounts-importer - the CSV should have exactly 8 rows like the template that you can download.

Here is a Chart of Accounts that we use in Austria for download faircloud .

Maybe some more people offer their country specific charts (export as report, delete some rows not needed for import, CSV recommended) here.