Chart Of Accounts and Roots Type

Yes,

Just for the shake of illustrating the issue of grouping and how you can have accounts from the same group/subgroup with different root types (root types being one of the five: asset, liability, equity, income and expense). I will show a couple of pictures:

(sorry if they are big pictures, I’ll gladly share the whole pdf, in Spanish, and the calc sheet with all the accounts and groups).

Also, some translation to English:
Activo - Asset
Pasivo - Liability
Patrimonio - Equity

So the first picture is the balance sheet and we can see all the account numbers involved.
The second picture is a piece of the account catalog from erpnext, (as an example)

If you compare both pictures and take notice, you’ll see lots of examples, being the main groups 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. with subgroups 10, 20, 30, … 90,… and so on.

So there is in the left side:
B) Activo Corriente → Current Asset
5304, 540, 543,…
Also, on the right side:
C) Pasivo Corriente → Current Liabilities
5211, 5212, 5213,…

If you look you’ll see there are many examples of this, members of the same group/subgroup with different root types.

The second picture is the full catalog inside the ERPNEXT, this is to be expected to see for an accountant in Spain, all the groups, subgroups and accounts, I only have expanded the 5 group and some subgroups, otherwise it will be to large, well structured according to law and regulation.

Now, the images:

and

So, I’ll look forward a good solution.

I’m a freelance, I can use the ERPNEXT default template for accounts and then manually create a few subroups and accounts (with the number in the name) since I believe I will be using just a few of the whole of them. I’m pretty sure it will get the job nicely done for my purpose and fill my needs.

But If I want to showcase ERPNEXT to a small business and do some sort of advocacy I shall import the whole thing, the calc sheet has 961 rows with groups, subgroups and accounts. So, here it is the structure properly formed inside ERPNEXT:

Hi Ayito,

Would you mind to share the calc sheet for the spanish coa? I’m strugling with this for weeks without suceess.

Best regards,
R. Torre

you can design own way to build chart of account go through the link

Hi pra17shant,

Thanks for your link, very usseful.

As Ayito was asking, is possible to have a Group of accounts with a Root Type, say Liability, and within it an account with a differente Root Type, say Expenses?

R. Torre

Hi:

Currently, accounts “inherits” root type of their group or parent accounts … Explore old posts here or join this Telegram groups, where it was discussed before.

There are a bunch of potential Spanish ERPNext users … but I think it will need non-trivial customization … maybe it’s the time to talk seriously about it.

@rtorre currently it can’t be possible to main root structure comes in other child one. If we do, then report style and many other standard accounting thing in trouble.
Look sum this root A/C and that property defined in hard core.

Nos Root A/C Report Type
1 Liability Balance Sheet
2 Asset Balance Sheet
3 Equity Balance Sheet
4 Income Profit and Loss
5 Expenses Profit and Loss

1 to 3 root A/C responsible to generate Balance sheet report.
4 & 5 Root A/C responsible to generate Profit and loss report.

Thank you. Done!

I see. Hard to implent ERPNext in Spain, because our legal Chart Of Accounts include accounts within a group with different Root Type of the group.

I’ll discuss with my colleagues in the telegram forums and come back later.

Hi,

Anyone knows wich is the maximun lenght of the Accout Name in the Chart of Accounts?