Changing site1.local in links v8.54

Hi there,

I’m running ERPNext v8.54 with Frappe v8.57 on a self-hosted Ubuntu Linux 16.04.2 LTS virtual machine.

I’m trying to change site1.local to instead say erp.domain.com, where domain.com is my domain. Based on the manual and also what I’ve read online, this change needs to be made to the
/home/frappe/frappe-bench/sites/site1.local/site_config.json file by using the following command:

bench setup add-domain --site site1.local erp.domain.com

and then

/etc/init.d/nginx restart

… which I did, but the emailed links still have site1.local in them. I even tried rebooting the entire Ubuntu Linux VM, which did not resolve the issue. Based on past versions of ERPNext, I see that this change should take place in

/home/frappe/frappe-bench/sites/site1.local/site_config.json

… which when I look at it:

root@myserver:/home/frappe/frappe-bench/sites/site1.local# less site_config.json

Looks like this:
{ "db_name": "{random_dbname}", "db_password": "{random_dbpass}", "domains": [ "erp.domain.com" ], "encryption_key": "{encryption key}", "limits": { "space_usage": { "backup_size": 1.0, "database_size": 14.24, "files_size": 23.0, "total": 38.24 } } }

Am I missing a step somewhere?

Thanks, in advance!

@anomaly0617

Check the folder/directory under sites, I am guessing its still site1.local, as it does not change when you

bench setup add-domain --site site1.local erp.domain.com

Check the nginx.conf in frappe-bench/config/ if the site is pointing to the rite folder/directory.

A couple of things you can do.

1. Change the folder name manually
  2. bench setup nginx again and make sure nginx picked up on that manual change
  3. Possibly change in nginx.conf manually as well if it didn’t pick up that change (make sure its the nginx in the frappe-bench/config/nginx.conf)

Hope this helps.

This worked! Thank you @saidsl !

Great, glad to know it helped :slight_smile:

Thanks @saidsl. Worked for me too!