Changing position of fields in Lead form

Hi guys,

we're trying to change the position of a few default fields in the Lead form but there is no provision for this! I understand that the default
fields should not be deleted because of functionality but we should have the permission to easily (and directly) change their position as we
see fit. This should apply to all forms including Customer etc. Can you please amend this?

Also, is there a way to create a new doctype from the front-end?

 
Kind regards,
Olawale



You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Olawale,

Its not an easy issue, but we occasionally update the layout from our end, and then if you have customized it will become a pain.

Which fields do you want to move? If they make sense we can add in the product.

- Rushabh


W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 10-Sep-2013, at 2:13 PM, Olawale Olowu <wa...@xavierltd.com> wrote:

Hi guys,

we're trying to change the position of a few default fields in the Lead form but there is no provision for this! I understand that the default
fields should not be deleted because of functionality but we should have the permission to easily (and directly) change their position as we
see fit. This should apply to all forms including Customer etc. Can you please amend this?

Also, is there a way to create a new doctype from the front-end?

 
Kind regards,
Olawale



You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.




You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Hi Swapnil,

hmmm... I see your point but it's just that its sometimes very inconvenient to use the default layout (depending on purpose).
Here are a few of the fields we'd like to move (to start with) 

1. Next Contact Date 
2. Next Contact by
3. Last Contact Date
4. Lead Owner

There's also a box towards the bottom that shows an 'Add New Row' link. Should this be showing on the Lead form or
is there an error somewhere?

 
Kind regards,
Olawale 

From: Rushabh Mehta <rm...@gmail.com>
To: er...@googlegroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:32 PM
Subject: Re: [erpnext-user-forum] Changing position of fields in Lead form

Olawale,

Its not an easy issue, but we occasionally update the layout from our end, and then if you have customized it will become a pain.

Which fields do you want to move? If they make sense we can add in the product.

- Rushabh


W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 10-Sep-2013, at 2:13 PM, Olawale Olowu <wa...@xavierltd.com> wrote:

Hi guys,

we're trying to change the position of a few default fields in the Lead form but there is no provision for this! I understand that the default
fields should not be deleted because of functionality but we should have the permission to easily (and directly) change their position as we
see fit. This should apply to all forms including Customer etc. Can you please amend this?

Also, is there a way to create a new doctype from the front-end?

 
Kind regards,
Olawale



You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.




You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.





You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Hi Rushabh,

Trust your day's going great. Didn't get a response to my enquiry about how to create new DocTypes. Also waiting for
the verdict on my initial list of fields to be made moveable :)

Please find below:
 
1. Next Contact Date 
2. Next Contact by
3. Last Contact Date
4. Lead Owner

There's also a box towards the bottom that shows an 'Add New Row' link. Should this be showing on the Lead form or
is there an error somewhere?


Kind regards,
Olawale

From: Rushabh Mehta <rm...@gmail.com>
To: er...@googlegroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:32 PM
Subject: Re: [erpnext-user-forum] Changing position of fields in Lead form

Olawale,

Its not an easy issue, but we occasionally update the layout from our end, and then if you have customized it will become a pain.

Which fields do you want to move? If they make sense we can add in the product.

- Rushabh


W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 10-Sep-2013, at 2:13 PM, Olawale Olowu <wa...@xavierltd.com> wrote:

Hi guys,

we're trying to change the position of a few default fields in the Lead form but there is no provision for this! I understand that the default
fields should not be deleted because of functionality but we should have the permission to easily (and directly) change their position as we
see fit. This should apply to all forms including Customer etc. Can you please amend this?

Also, is there a way to create a new doctype from the front-end?

 
Kind regards,
Olawale



You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.




You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.





You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

To create new DocType you have to login as "Administrator".

And regarding field reordering, we are thinking to move those fields in the Communication section in the product itself, is it ok?

On 11-Sep-2013, at 12:24 PM, Olawale Olowu wrote:

moveable



You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Regarding "Add New Row" link, we can't see that in our test account. Can you share a screenshot?

On 11-Sep-2013, at 12:24 PM, Olawale Olowu wrote:

Hi Rushabh,

Trust your day's going great. Didn't get a response to my enquiry about how to create new DocTypes. Also waiting for
the verdict on my initial list of fields to be made moveable :)

Please find below:
 
1. Next Contact Date 
2. Next Contact by
3. Last Contact Date
4. Lead Owner

There's also a box towards the bottom that shows an 'Add New Row' link. Should this be showing on the Lead form or
is there an error somewhere?


Kind regards,
Olawale

From: Rushabh Mehta <rm...@gmail.com>
To: er...@googlegroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:32 PM
Subject: Re: [erpnext-user-forum] Changing position of fields in Lead form

Olawale,

Its not an easy issue, but we occasionally update the layout from our end, and then if you have customized it will become a pain.

Which fields do you want to move? If they make sense we can add in the product.

- Rushabh


W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 10-Sep-2013, at 2:13 PM, Olawale Olowu <wa...@xavierltd.com> wrote:

Hi guys,

we're trying to change the position of a few default fields in the Lead form but there is no provision for this! I understand that the default
fields should not be deleted because of functionality but we should have the permission to easily (and directly) change their position as we
see fit. This should apply to all forms including Customer etc. Can you please amend this?

Also, is there a way to create a new doctype from the front-end?

 
Kind regards,
Olawale



You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.




You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.






You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.




You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Hi Nabin,

Thanks for your response. We would prefer to have those fields remain in the Lead form as it is actually very useful to have that kind of 
information on the same page with the rest of the Lead's data.

Regarding the 'Add New Row' link, please find screenshot attached.

Thanks

 
Kind regards,
Olawale Olowu
wa...@xavierltd.com
Tel: 08075390014


From: Nabin Hait <na...@iwebnotes.com>
To: er...@googlegroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 9:35 AM
Subject: Re: [erpnext-user-forum] Changing position of fields in Lead form

Regarding "Add New Row" link, we can't see that in our test account. Can you share a screenshot?

On 11-Sep-2013, at 12:24 PM, Olawale Olowu wrote:

Hi Rushabh,

Trust your day's going great. Didn't get a response to my enquiry about how to create new DocTypes. Also waiting for
the verdict on my initial list of fields to be made moveable :)

Please find below:
 
1. Next Contact Date 
2. Next Contact by
3. Last Contact Date
4. Lead Owner

There's also a box towards the bottom that shows an 'Add New Row' link. Should this be showing on the Lead form or
is there an error somewhere?


Kind regards,
Olawale

From: Rushabh Mehta <rm...@gmail.com>
To: er...@googlegroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:32 PM
Subject: Re: [erpnext-user-forum] Changing position of fields in Lead form

Olawale,

Its not an easy issue, but we occasionally update the layout from our end, and then if you have customized it will become a pain.

Which fields do you want to move? If they make sense we can add in the product.

- Rushabh


W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 10-Sep-2013, at 2:13 PM, Olawale Olowu <wa...@xavierltd.com> wrote:

Hi guys,

we're trying to change the position of a few default fields in the Lead form but there is no provision for this! I understand that the default
fields should not be deleted because of functionality but we should have the permission to easily (and directly) change their position as we
see fit. This should apply to all forms including Customer etc. Can you please amend this?

Also, is there a way to create a new doctype from the front-end?

 
Kind regards,
Olawale



You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.




You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.






You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.




You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.





You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

I was not suggesting you to move those fields to Communication form, it is "Communication Section" inside Lead form.

Regarding "Add New Row" link, looking like you have made some customization (added a table) in Lead form. In that table any of the columns are marked as header ('In List View' should be checked). You can fix that through Customize Form.


On 11-Sep-2013, at 5:04 PM, Olawale Olowu wrote:

Hi Nabin,

Thanks for your response. We would prefer to have those fields remain in the Lead form as it is actually very useful to have that kind of 
information on the same page with the rest of the Lead's data.

Regarding the 'Add New Row' link, please find screenshot attached.

Thanks

 
Kind regards,
Olawale Olowu
wa...@xavierltd.com
Tel: 08075390014


From: Nabin Hait <na...@iwebnotes.com>
To: er...@googlegroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 9:35 AM
Subject: Re: [erpnext-user-forum] Changing position of fields in Lead form

Regarding "Add New Row" link, we can't see that in our test account. Can you share a screenshot?

On 11-Sep-2013, at 12:24 PM, Olawale Olowu wrote:

Hi Rushabh,

Trust your day's going great. Didn't get a response to my enquiry about how to create new DocTypes. Also waiting for
the verdict on my initial list of fields to be made moveable :)

Please find below:
 
1. Next Contact Date 
2. Next Contact by
3. Last Contact Date
4. Lead Owner

There's also a box towards the bottom that shows an 'Add New Row' link. Should this be showing on the Lead form or
is there an error somewhere?


Kind regards,
Olawale

From: Rushabh Mehta <rm...@gmail.com>
To: er...@googlegroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:32 PM
Subject: Re: [erpnext-user-forum] Changing position of fields in Lead form

Olawale,

Its not an easy issue, but we occasionally update the layout from our end, and then if you have customized it will become a pain.

Which fields do you want to move? If they make sense we can add in the product.

- Rushabh


W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 10-Sep-2013, at 2:13 PM, Olawale Olowu <wa...@xavierltd.com> wrote:

Hi guys,

we're trying to change the position of a few default fields in the Lead form but there is no provision for this! I understand that the default
fields should not be deleted because of functionality but we should have the permission to easily (and directly) change their position as we
see fit. This should apply to all forms including Customer etc. Can you please amend this?

Also, is there a way to create a new doctype from the front-end?

 
Kind regards,
Olawale



You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.




You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.






You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.




You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.






You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

<Add new row in Lead form.png>




You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Hi Nabin,

thanks for the clarification; well, looking at the current default layout, I think putting them under the communication section is
a much better option so it's fine.

Regarding the Add New Row, we have indeed added some custom fields to the form but I'm not sure about Tables. I will look
into this and revert.

Many thanks

 
Kind regards,
Olawale


From: Nabin Hait <na...@iwebnotes.com>
To: er...@googlegroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 12:46 PM
Subject: Re: [erpnext-user-forum] Changing position of fields in Lead form

I was not suggesting you to move those fields to Communication form, it is "Communication Section" inside Lead form.

Regarding "Add New Row" link, looking like you have made some customization (added a table) in Lead form. In that table any of the columns are marked as header ('In List View' should be checked). You can fix that through Customize Form.


On 11-Sep-2013, at 5:04 PM, Olawale Olowu wrote:

Hi Nabin,

Thanks for your response. We would prefer to have those fields remain in the Lead form as it is actually very useful to have that kind of 
information on the same page with the rest of the Lead's data.

Regarding the 'Add New Row' link, please find screenshot attached.

Thanks

 
Kind regards,
Olawale Olowu
wa...@xavierltd.com
Tel: 08075390014


From: Nabin Hait <na...@iwebnotes.com>
To: er...@googlegroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 9:35 AM
Subject: Re: [erpnext-user-forum] Changing position of fields in Lead form

Regarding "Add New Row" link, we can't see that in our test account. Can you share a screenshot?

On 11-Sep-2013, at 12:24 PM, Olawale Olowu wrote:

Hi Rushabh,

Trust your day's going great. Didn't get a response to my enquiry about how to create new DocTypes. Also waiting for
the verdict on my initial list of fields to be made moveable :)

Please find below:
 
1. Next Contact Date 
2. Next Contact by
3. Last Contact Date
4. Lead Owner

There's also a box towards the bottom that shows an 'Add New Row' link. Should this be showing on the Lead form or
is there an error somewhere?


Kind regards,
Olawale

From: Rushabh Mehta <rm...@gmail.com>
To: er...@googlegroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:32 PM
Subject: Re: [erpnext-user-forum] Changing position of fields in Lead form

Olawale,

Its not an easy issue, but we occasionally update the layout from our end, and then if you have customized it will become a pain.

Which fields do you want to move? If they make sense we can add in the product.

- Rushabh


W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 10-Sep-2013, at 2:13 PM, Olawale Olowu <wa...@xavierltd.com> wrote:

Hi guys,

we're trying to change the position of a few default fields in the Lead form but there is no provision for this! I understand that the default
fields should not be deleted because of functionality but we should have the permission to easily (and directly) change their position as we
see fit. This should apply to all forms including Customer etc. Can you please amend this?

Also, is there a way to create a new doctype from the front-end?

 
Kind regards,
Olawale



You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.




You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.






You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.




You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.






You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

<Add new row in Lead form.png>




You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.





You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

We have reordered Contact related fields and moved them to the Communication section. Sorry for the delayed response.

On 11-Sep-2013, at 5:35 PM, Olawale Olowu wrote:

Hi Nabin,

thanks for the clarification; well, looking at the current default layout, I think putting them under the communication section is
a much better option so it's fine.

Regarding the Add New Row, we have indeed added some custom fields to the form but I'm not sure about Tables. I will look
into this and revert.

Many thanks

 
Kind regards,
Olawale


From: Nabin Hait <na...@iwebnotes.com>
To: er...@googlegroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 12:46 PM
Subject: Re: [erpnext-user-forum] Changing position of fields in Lead form

I was not suggesting you to move those fields to Communication form, it is "Communication Section" inside Lead form.

Regarding "Add New Row" link, looking like you have made some customization (added a table) in Lead form. In that table any of the columns are marked as header ('In List View' should be checked). You can fix that through Customize Form.


On 11-Sep-2013, at 5:04 PM, Olawale Olowu wrote:

Hi Nabin,

Thanks for your response. We would prefer to have those fields remain in the Lead form as it is actually very useful to have that kind of 
information on the same page with the rest of the Lead's data.

Regarding the 'Add New Row' link, please find screenshot attached.

Thanks

 
Kind regards,
Olawale Olowu
wa...@xavierltd.com
Tel: 08075390014


From: Nabin Hait <na...@iwebnotes.com>
To: er...@googlegroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 9:35 AM
Subject: Re: [erpnext-user-forum] Changing position of fields in Lead form

Regarding "Add New Row" link, we can't see that in our test account. Can you share a screenshot?

On 11-Sep-2013, at 12:24 PM, Olawale Olowu wrote:

Hi Rushabh,

Trust your day's going great. Didn't get a response to my enquiry about how to create new DocTypes. Also waiting for
the verdict on my initial list of fields to be made moveable :)

Please find below:
 
1. Next Contact Date 
2. Next Contact by
3. Last Contact Date
4. Lead Owner

There's also a box towards the bottom that shows an 'Add New Row' link. Should this be showing on the Lead form or
is there an error somewhere?


Kind regards,
Olawale

From: Rushabh Mehta <rm...@gmail.com>
To: er...@googlegroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:32 PM
Subject: Re: [erpnext-user-forum] Changing position of fields in Lead form

Olawale,

Its not an easy issue, but we occasionally update the layout from our end, and then if you have customized it will become a pain.

Which fields do you want to move? If they make sense we can add in the product.

- Rushabh


W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 10-Sep-2013, at 2:13 PM, Olawale Olowu <wa...@xavierltd.com> wrote:

Hi guys,

we're trying to change the position of a few default fields in the Lead form but there is no provision for this! I understand that the default
fields should not be deleted because of functionality but we should have the permission to easily (and directly) change their position as we
see fit. This should apply to all forms including Customer etc. Can you please amend this?

Also, is there a way to create a new doctype from the front-end?

 
Kind regards,
Olawale



You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.




You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.






You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.




You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.






You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

<Add new row in Lead form.png>




You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.






You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.




You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Many thanks Nabin

 
Kind regards,
Olawale 

From: Nabin Hait <na...@iwebnotes.com>
To: er...@googlegroups.com
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2013 6:12 AM
Subject: Re: [erpnext-user-forum] Changing position of fields in Lead form

We have reordered Contact related fields and moved them to the Communication section. Sorry for the delayed response.

On 11-Sep-2013, at 5:35 PM, Olawale Olowu wrote:

Hi Nabin,

thanks for the clarification; well, looking at the current default layout, I think putting them under the communication section is
a much better option so it's fine.

Regarding the Add New Row, we have indeed added some custom fields to the form but I'm not sure about Tables. I will look
into this and revert.

Many thanks

 
Kind regards,
Olawale


From: Nabin Hait <na...@iwebnotes.com>
To: er...@googlegroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 12:46 PM
Subject: Re: [erpnext-user-forum] Changing position of fields in Lead form

I was not suggesting you to move those fields to Communication form, it is "Communication Section" inside Lead form.

Regarding "Add New Row" link, looking like you have made some customization (added a table) in Lead form. In that table any of the columns are marked as header ('In List View' should be checked). You can fix that through Customize Form.


On 11-Sep-2013, at 5:04 PM, Olawale Olowu wrote:

Hi Nabin,

Thanks for your response. We would prefer to have those fields remain in the Lead form as it is actually very useful to have that kind of 
information on the same page with the rest of the Lead's data.

Regarding the 'Add New Row' link, please find screenshot attached.

Thanks

 
Kind regards,
Olawale Olowu
wa...@xavierltd.com
Tel: 08075390014


From: Nabin Hait <na...@iwebnotes.com>
To: er...@googlegroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 9:35 AM
Subject: Re: [erpnext-user-forum] Changing position of fields in Lead form

Regarding "Add New Row" link, we can't see that in our test account. Can you share a screenshot?

On 11-Sep-2013, at 12:24 PM, Olawale Olowu wrote:

Hi Rushabh,

Trust your day's going great. Didn't get a response to my enquiry about how to create new DocTypes. Also waiting for
the verdict on my initial list of fields to be made moveable :)

Please find below:
 
1. Next Contact Date 
2. Next Contact by
3. Last Contact Date
4. Lead Owner

There's also a box towards the bottom that shows an 'Add New Row' link. Should this be showing on the Lead form or
is there an error somewhere?


Kind regards,
Olawale

From: Rushabh Mehta <rm...@gmail.com>
To: er...@googlegroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 1:32 PM
Subject: Re: [erpnext-user-forum] Changing position of fields in Lead form

Olawale,

Its not an easy issue, but we occasionally update the layout from our end, and then if you have customized it will become a pain.

Which fields do you want to move? If they make sense we can add in the product.

- Rushabh


W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 10-Sep-2013, at 2:13 PM, Olawale Olowu <wa...@xavierltd.com> wrote:

Hi guys,

we're trying to change the position of a few default fields in the Lead form but there is no provision for this! I understand that the default
fields should not be deleted because of functionality but we should have the permission to easily (and directly) change their position as we
see fit. This should apply to all forms including Customer etc. Can you please amend this?

Also, is there a way to create a new doctype from the front-end?

 
Kind regards,
Olawale



You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.




You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.






You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.




You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.






You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

<Add new row in Lead form.png>




You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.






You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un…@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.




You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.





You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.