Changing in-built icons image on desk

Is there any way to change a desk icons?
if yes then how to change icon of item module?

1 Like

Yes, I would like this too!

We use octicons and font awesome icons as our desk icons. You will have to manually change them in desktop.py

1 Like

Hello @Pranali_Thorve,

You can changed css class and change icon picture and icon style.

Thanks.

Is it possible to do this in the ERPNext Cloud? I canā€™t seem to figure it outā€¦ :frowning:

Thanks!
Heather

Yes. it is possible to do. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

ā€œYou can changed css class and change icon picture and icon style.ā€

Please would either of you offer a screenshot to illustrate how and where?

That would help me too thanks.

2 Likes

Got it thank you so much gavagai

ā€œFirst, go to the list view for the doctype ā€œDesktop Iconā€. Mine didnā€™t come up in the searchā€

This first step is what escaped me until your instructions. The list appeared for me when I entered ā€˜Desktop Icon Listā€™ in Awesome Search.

thanks again

Thank you @gavagai for sharing, I did not know this (but it works :wink: )

I just had an interesting conversation on this subject with a customer who pointed out that at first, having the same icon and colour is confusing, e.g. here:
grafik
or
grafik

While I like the customisation function a lot, maybe this is something that could be improved in general. I like having one colour for a module. But maybe we should take advantage of having different iconsā€¦

How to charts to desk??

How did you change it?

Mine look exactly as your screenshot. How can I change them to individual icons?

Try to open in your ERPNext: http://localhost:8000/desk#List/Desktop%20Icon/List (exchange host name)

Select the icon, change itā€¦

3 Likes

Actually, it worked for the first icon I tried it on. But I was only able to change one icon this way. The Campaign icon. All the others I somehow I canā€™t changeā€¦ Were you able to do it? Any ideas??!