Changes in the user.py does not reflect on the sign up page

Hello All,

For testing, i have added the exception in the signup. Please see the code below :

def sign_up(email, full_name):
    raise Exception("i am testing")

as you can see, i am throwing an exception as soon as the request comes to the sign_up method. However, the exception is not thrown and the message is shown saying “Registration Detailed Emailed.” and the user is added into the system.

i tried to do the “bench update” , “bench update --build” and also the “bench restart”,

however when i run the “bench restart” i am getting the following error.

root@syed:/home/frappe/frappe-bench# bench restart
error: <class 'xmlrpclib.Fault'>, <Fault 10: 'BAD_NAME: frappe'>: file: /usr/lib/python2.7/xmlrpclib.py line: 794
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/bench", line 9, in <module>
    load_entry_point('bench==0.92', 'console_scripts', 'bench')()
  File "/home/frappe/bench-repo/bench/cli.py", line 60, in cli
    bench()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 716, in __call__
    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 696, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 1060, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 889, in invoke
    return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 534, in invoke
    return callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/frappe/bench-repo/bench/cli.py", line 297, in restart
    restart_supervisor_processes()
  File "/home/frappe/bench-repo/bench/utils.py", line 306, in restart_supervisor_processes
    exec_cmd(cmd, cwd=bench)
  File "/home/frappe/bench-repo/bench/utils.py", line 105, in exec_cmd
    raise CommandFailedError(cmd)
bench.utils.CommandFailedError: sudo supervisorctl restart frappe:

would you please guide me, how can i make the changes in the user.py reflect on the ui ??

What are your trying to achieve?

I am going through the code by changing the messages or changing the functionality and seeing how the system will behave.

for example :

1. I changed “Registration Details Emailed.” to “Please check your email for registration details”.
  2. I changed the sign up to create “System User” instead of “Website User”,

very small changes to see how the changes will impact the system. however i am still getting the “Registration Details Emailed.” message and the user is created as “Website User” instead of a 'System User".