Change of Logic via App

Hi,

I am just wondering if we are able to change the logic and behaviour of ERPNext via a Frappe or ERPNext app?

For example, I want to show Reserved Quantity upon Sales Order saved, instead of submit.

Thanks!

@mulyadi-agtechsg

What is the use-case?[quote=“mulyadi-agtechsg, post:1, topic:22774”]
if we are able to change the logic and behaviour of ERPNext via a Frappe or ERPNext
[/quote]

Yes, you can. Study the whole flow and script. Explore it.
e.g. Check on Sales Order submit, how Reserved Qty gets updated.

But before doing any change, make sure it can not affect the functionality.

Thanks! @Sangram

Some customers would like to the reserved quantity based on a Sales Order saved, as there is a workflow attached to the Sales Order. For example, multi-level Approval process.

So I would like to confirm if we are able to do this via an app instead of touching the core code.

Thanks!

@mulyadi-agtechsg[quote=“mulyadi-agtechsg, post:3, topic:22774”]
Some customers would like to the reserved quantity based on a Sales Order saved,
[/quote]

The best way you can just calculate Reserved Qty on Sales Order Save and show it in Custom field. Don’t update it, let it update on submit. So, it can’t affect major flow.

check this for workflow -
https://frappe.github.io/erpnext/user/manual/en/setting-up/workflows

1 Like

@Sangram

I need to show it on the item master.

@mulyadi-agtechsg

Add custom fields on Item. Write a script to show Reserved Qty in respective Custom Fields.

1 Like

@Sangram

Many thanks! But what if I have many warehouses and would like to display in Stock Levels in Item Master instead.