Can't change Customer's default currency

Hi everyone.

I’ve just found out that ERPnext doesn’t allow me to change Customer’s default currency. I I had a customer with default currency in EUR with a few invoices/payments in EUR and now he wants to pay in USD. However, when I switch to USD (both default currency, price list and debtors account), I get the following error:

Accounting entries have already been made in currency EUR for company “My Company”. Please select a receivable or payable account with currency EUR.

So, is there some way for accounting in different currencies per one client? If not, what would be the best workaround/alternative way? Creating separate customer for USD currency?

1 Like

@mgcore

Tried replicating the issue in the test account and it seems to be working fine. I can change the customer currency in customer master.
Would you mind sharing the screenshot of the doctype you are trying to change the currency and the error message is there.

@ArundhatiS ,
Ah, sorry, I’m not sure screenshot will help somehow. Let me describe steps to reproduce more detailed:

1. Create Customer and set Default currency to EUR, Default price list to EUR one and Debtors EUR as receivable account in Accounting section.
  2. Create Sales Invoice for this customer in EUR.
  3. Create Payment Entry for created Sales Invoice in EUR.
  4. Go back to Customer and set Default currency to USD, Default price list to USD one and Debtors USD as receivable account in Accounting section.
  5. Once you click Save, you I get error:

Accounting entries have already been made in currency EUR for company “My Company”. Please select a receivable or payable account with currency EUR.

Btw, I use ERPnext in cloud (v7.2.31).

1 Like

Hi guys.
Just wanted to follow-up on this - there’s really no ability for customer to have journal entries with different currencies? If so, what would be the best way to account for doing this? I don’t really like idea of having 2 customer entries with different currencies for 1 actual customer…

This problem with me but in Suppliers .
What did u do?