Cannot proceed with update: You have local changes in app "frappe" that are not committed

Cannot proceed with update: You have local changes in app “frappe” that are not committed.

Here are your choices:

1. Merge the frappe app manually with “git pull” / “git pull --rebase” and fix conflicts.
  2. Temporarily remove your changes with “git stash” or discard them completely
    with “bench update --reset” or for individual repositries “git reset --hard”
  3. If your changes are helpful for others, send in a pull request via GitHub and
    wait for them to be merged in the core.
1 Like

go to apps/frappe
and type command : git stash

This should stash any changes you made and try bench update again

2 Likes

Cannot proceed with update: You have local changes in app “erpnext” that are not committed.

Here are your choices:

1. Merge the erpnext app manually with “git pull” / “git pull --rebase” and fix conflicts.
  3. If your changes are helpful for others, send in a pull request via GitHub and

same error

repeat again but this time for erpnext.

go to apps/erpnext
and type command : git stash

2 Likes

Thanks it works

This doesn’t work for me. I am sure, that I don’t have any local changes.

Even when I do git reset --hard on the next try, it will tell me

Cannot proceed with update: You have local changes in app “frappe” that are not committed.

Here are your choices:

1. Merge the frappe app manually with "git pull" / "git pull --rebase" and fix conflicts.
1. Temporarily remove your changes with "git stash" or discard them completely
	with "bench update --reset" or for individual repositries "git reset --hard"
2. If your changes are helpful for others, send in a pull request via GitHub and

Any ideas?

Similar issue here ,ERPNext: v7.2.29, trying to upgrade to v8. tried all the commands below

1. Merge the erpnext app manually with “git pull” / “git pull --rebase” and fix conflicts.

Strange thing is it worked (with combinations of above commands) on my OSX local server but not Ubuntu Remote Server.

Turns out server needs to be rebooted , and its now updated to v8.0.9

try it on app ‘erpnext’ even though the error shows ‘frappe’ , mine was the other way round. And similarly i never touch frappe/erpnext codes. Try…

in apps/frappe

git stash (it will says No local changes to save)
git reset --hard
git pull --rebase

in frappe-bench

bench update --upgrade

I’ve already tried it both ways. It still doesn’t work.

1 Like

Try this
in apps/frappe

git reset --hard
git pull --rebase

in frappe-bench

bench update --reset

1 Like

With bench update --reset it works every time, but without the reset the error occurs on the next try of bench update.

1 Like

same situation here,
bench update --reset ist working.

but without --reset no success.

1 Like

Hello is happening again.
I run the code as before, but this time it’s not working.

The code

Then i do bench update

I have a few issues in my version that was fixed and I need to update urgent. Any help please.

It’s not updating am getting this error

Am not able to save anything.

Try this

in apps/frappe

git reset --hard
git pull --rebase
git stash
git add . (Including point)

in frappe-bench

bench update

this work for me …

4 Likes

This work for me 2 thank you.

Thank you. I expected this to work, but unfortunately it still doesn’t. Maybe anyone can confirm that.

This is how it should work:

cd /home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe
git stash

cd /home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext
git stash

cd /home/frappe/frappe-bench
bench update --reset

That should work.

2 Likes