Cannot edit Workspace for Custom App in ERPNext14

Hello,

I have developed a custom app in ERPNext13 which contains definition of Workspace.

I installed this Custom App in ERPNext14.

The installation went through and I am able to access the DocTypes by searching.

The problem #1 is that this Workspace does not show up in the left Navigation bar.

The problem #2 is when I try to save some changes it gives error message Content data should be a list.

How to solve these problem?

TIA

Yogi Yang

1 Like

The JSON format for Workspace in version 14 was changed.

You can read more about it here: Migrating to Version 14 · frappe/frappe Wiki · GitHub

I personally migrated all my workspaces by recreating them from the new UI (make sure all of them are public and have a “module” selected) - since it was too much of a hassle to manually change the JSON files to support the new format.

1 Like

Hi @YogiYang,

Adding in @nikkothari22 answer, More details for check it.

Hello,

I am not able to add new workspace. This option is not available.

Do I have to switch the bench developer_mode?

TIA

Yogi Yang

So you mentioned that you have a custom app that you developed.

In this case, on your local machine (which would have developer mode enabled), you can create a new Workspace from the main page. You need to click on the Workspace button in the top right (beside “Edit”). Create a new “public” workspace.

Then, to ensure that your Workspace is added into your codebase, you need to go to the Workspace List, open the Workspace Form and then link it with any module

This step would add the Workspace JSON file to your codebase, which you can then push to your remote repository. On your production system, you would simply run bench update to pull all changes and build the new workspace.

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you very much for your detailed reply.

I followed your instructions but when I try to save changes to workspace after adding a few short cuts and link cards, I get this error. Why?

TIA

Yogi Yang

Hello,

I managed to solve the above stated problem. What I did was click on the edit button of each row that was giving error and then just tweaked the Label.

After this I was able to save.

TIA

Yogi Yang

Hello,

After completing and saving Workspace when I open it I get a blank screen.

How to solve this?

TIA

Yogi Yang

Hey,

So in v14, you should only update Workspaces from the UI outside. Do not edit/add elements to your workspace from the form view.

Use the form view to just select the module.

All UI customisations should be made from the Workspace itself.

1 Like