Can I modify what I see when I click on Suppiers Icon?

When I click on the Supplier Icon a screen with Supplier Name, Status and Supplier Type columns appears with data filled in but I cannot sort by them. I want to see different columns and sort by those new columns. Can this be done without programing knowledge?
Also is there a detailed description of template headings. I have been putting the wrong data in those fields because I am confused by their definition and get the wrong data in my records or in the wrong place.
How do I delete suppliers that have completely screwed up file data after I tried to update with corrected data and ended up creating new ones instead.

Hello,

When I click on the Supplier Icon a screen with Supplier Name, Status and Supplier Type columns appears with data filled in but I cannot sort by them. I want to see different columns and sort by those new columns. Can this be done without programing knowledge?

For now, you cannot customize list view from front-end.

Also is there a detailed description of template headings. I have been putting the wrong data in those fields because I am confused by their definition and get the wrong data in my records or in the wrong place.

Do you mean Document Title? Check: https://frappe.github.io/erpnext/user/manual/en/customize-erpnext/document-title

How do I delete suppliers that have completely screwed up file data after I tried to update with corrected data and ended up creating new ones instead.

If transactions exist for such suppliers, you should first cancel-delete transactions for that supplier. Then you will be able to delete that supplier as well. Else, you can just disable that Supplier, so that no new transactions will be made for it.

Hi Umair,Thank you for the responses to my questions. One of the questions was misunderstood so I have pasted from the Address Data Import Template an example of what I mean. For this and other templates, is there an explanation for the name of each column because I am unfamiliar with some terms also what does “0” or “1” mean?
Version:1.0StartHTML:0000000169EndHTML:0000007058StartFragment:0000001281EndFragment:0000007012SourceURL:file://localhost/Users/Jaffe/Downloads/Address-1.csv
| Data Import Template |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
| Table: | Address |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
| Notes: |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
| Please do not change the template headings. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
| First data column must be blank. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
| If you are uploading new records, leave the “name” (ID) column blank. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
| If you are uploading new records, “Naming Series” becomes mandatory, if present. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
| Only mandatory fields are necessary for new records. You can delete non-mandatory columns if you wish. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
| For updating, you can update only selective columns. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
| You can only upload upto 5000 records in one go. (may be less in some cases) |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
| DocType: | Address |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
| Column Labels: | ID | Address Type | Address Line 1 | City/Town | Country | Address Title | Address Line 2 | State | Postal Code | Email Id | Phone | Fax | Preferred Billing Address | Company | Supplier | Supplier Name | Lead Name |
| Column Name: | name | address_type | address_line1 | city | country | address_title | address_line2 | state | pincode | email_id | phone | fax | is_primary_address | company | supplier | supplier_name | lead_name |
| Mandatory: | Yes | Yes | Yes | Yes | Yes | No | No | No | No | No | No | No | No | No | No | No | No |
| Type: | Data (text) | Select | Data | Data | Link | Data | Data | Data | Data | Data | Data | Data | Check | Link | Link | Data | Data |
| Info: |
| One of: Billing, Shipping, Office, Personal, Plant, Postal, Shop, Subsidiary, Warehouse, Other | Valid Country |
|
|
|
|
|
| 0 or 1 | Valid Company | Valid Supplier |
|

And for the benefit of any other person new to this program I would like to point out I discovered that if you click on the words that are next to the arrow at the top right of the screen you can change the field that gets sorted even though it looks grayed out and not usable. It would be more intuitive if you could click on the column headings and sort or if the location of the current sort option looked like an actionable option and not just an explanation of the fixed sorting method. Maybe in bold or underlined or in a box.
I think showing columns for tel, zip or some other identifying criteria would be more help full than “last time modified” or “type”.
Does a suggestion in this forum like this get seen by anybody that modifies the software or is there a suggestion box that it should be posted to?

Thank you
Herb

No I am referring to the Data Import Template Columns Label and Name. As childlike and simple minded this may seem, to a new user with out context the terms can have multiple meanings. Because the trial and error approach to learning this software is slow more basic information would help eleviate some frustration that has led me and I assume others to give up on it a few times.
Also not everyone who is evaluating this can program or write scripts. More technical people probably get involved after the potential user says the program looks like it might be a fit.