Can I hide any icon from the home page for specific user?

I need to hide specific icons from the home page of a user, is there any ability to do this, How ?


HF, you can do this from:

Setup > Customize ERPNext > Modules Setup


-----------------------------------------------------
ERPNext - Business Operating System

W: https://erpnext.com
T: @rushabh_mehta

On 08-Jul-2012, at 5:34 PM, HF wrote:

I need to hide specific icons from the home page of a user, is there any ability to do this, How ?


But this will hide it from all users, I need to hide it from specific users only but to appear for other users.



On Sunday, July 8, 2012 2:04:37 PM UTC+2, HF wrote:
I need to hide specific icons from the home page of a user, is there any ability to do this, How ?

If the user does not have permission on any of the masters or transactions in that module then it should appear hidden automatically.

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 1:43 AM, HF <h…@gmail.com> wrote:
But this will hide it from all users, I need to hide it from specific users only but to appear for other users.


On Sunday, July 8, 2012 2:04:37 PM UTC+2, HF wrote:
I need to hide specific icons from the home page of a user, is there any ability to do this, How ?


My case is that I have a user with HR manager, and I found that the stock icon exists on his desktop and he can make sales and purchase returns and can view the items Groups , I don’t need him to access this icon so he can’t play.


Hi,

Please check permission manager under setup to see the roles and permission assigned for each stock transaction.

Delivery note can be created by:

  • Material user
  • Material manager

  • Sales user

Purchase receipt can be made by:

  • Material user
  • Material manager
  • Purchase user

Stock entry can be made by:

  • Material user
  • Material manager
  • Production user
  • Production manager

So, either amend the role for said transactions from permission manager. Or uncheck the role of sales user, purchase user, production user / manager from users profile to restrict stock module completely.

Blog on permission manager:

http://erpnext.blogspot.in/2011/07/how-can-i-give-limited-access-to-my.html

Hope this helps.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
um...@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

---- ERPNext - World's most affordable ERP ----

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 1:31 PM, HF <h....@gmail.com> wrote:
My case is that I have a user with HR manager, and I found that the stock icon exists on his desktop and he can make sales and purchase returns and can view the items Groups , I don't need him to access this icon so he can't play.






I have done the permissions and still the stock icon appearing for the HR manager ???

Why these items does not appear in the permissions manager list :  Landed cost wizard , Sales and Purchase returns ??

Hi,

Being the system manager, you can only define the role and permission for master and transaction forms (like customer, item, orders, invoices etc.). You cannot define the permission for tools like sales / purchase return and landing cost. Are these the only 2 links working on stock module?


Regards,
Umair

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 4:17 PM, HF <h…@gmail.com> wrote:
Why these items does not appear in the permissions manager list : Landed cost wizard , Sales and Purchase returns ??



--
Thanks and Regards,
Umair Sayyed
um...@erpnext.com
www.erpnext.com

---- ERPNext - World's most affordable ERP ----

Also the Item Group is working.