Call for Documentation

Just like you, I’ve fallen in love with the Frappe Framework. It’s on-par with most Python Web Application Frameworks and I wonder why this isn’t as famous as the other cutting-edge frameworks out there. One primary reason as to why is that we lack some structured guidelines and documentation (we’re almost there, not there yet).

During my spare time at the ERPNext Cocoon (our Office), I spend a good time noting down pretty much every step that it takes me to have a neat setup to get started with contribution. I face some issues, find a fix, and ensure everyone’s aware of the same. I call out for everyone to start with this (what’s more exciting is that our community is diverse, we’d love translations too). If you’re engaged in developing the Frappe Framework, start with attaching Python DocStrings to the APIs. This source is great to understand what DocStrings are and how you can write one (worry not, they’re just structured strings).

Currently we keep our documentation curated at frappe.io (especially the APIs). Contributions are also open on the Frappe’s Wiki Section. For inspiration, checkout D3’s Wiki.

I’m currently having contributions curated so that we keep this neat and clean. What say?

Here’s one - The Hitchhiker’s Guide to Installing Frappé on Mac OS X.

23 Likes

If we follow the Django documentation structure, it will be more readable. Please check Djnago documentation

You refer to this perhaps Django documentation | Django documentation | Django

I agree that front page is an excellent topic structured ‘switchyard’ gateway that invites learning and exploring.

Not only that, It takes one usecase and it gives hand on experience while learning. By the time we complete the documentation, it makes us to build a complete application