Bulk import images

How do I bulk import images. For eg in case of item doctype.

@vivek

This is a workaround.

Say you have a file in public/files/abc.jpg

In your data import tool template, set the value of image field as /files/abc.jpg

i.e. prepend all file names stored in the public/files folder with /files/ in the data import template.

1 Like

@anand I had tried it and it works, but i notice copies of the same file being created in attachment folder in the file manager. are they copies or just records?

Records. Frappe does deduplication based on a checksum

1 Like

actually it is not working in my case
i am using latest version
when i import the image links as /files/xxx.jpg
item photo is not added but i can see it as attachment in some cases
any better solution
even entering each product , clicking image field and choose from attachment is frustrating and never ends

thanks beforehand!

1 Like

Just imported some items with data import tool, including image paths but now wondering how to upload the images in the most clever way.

Hello @vivek,

Check data import tool for refer below link:

https://erpnext.org/docs/user/manual/en/setting-up/data/data-import-tool.html

Thanks.

hey @anand, i tried this, but it doesn’t work. the field i am using for upload is the image field and not the website_image field. it uploads the items perfectly, but when i re-download the template with the data, there are no links created between items and the image. the images are in the public/files/ folder.
please help

@anand - it works. tried it again, had an ~ in one of the columns hence it wasn’t linking. sorry for the trouble.

Hey @anand,

Please help in the best possible way, i am trying to download all my items to know the ones i have uploaded their pictures, so as to upload those that doesn’t have item pictures. How should i go about this.

Thanks in anticipation.

Can we upload images in bulk from users system without having to upload the images using ftp in public/files folder?
I have my ERPNext installed on a remote server.

I had tried uploading images to public folder using Winscp. It uploads but does not show up in the File Manager. Tried various bench commands but nothing worked.

Maybe you need to write a customer script for it.