(Bug) Primary contact is not unique, you can set mutiple contacts as primary

Hi everyone,

version info:

I think I have encountered a situation that you can set 2 or more primary contacts which would cause problems for other activities such as sales order etc.

In customer form:

In contact form:

I think a reasonable feature is when the user ticked one contact as primary, other contacts should be checked and unticked primary flag.

GitHub ERPNext link: (Bug) Primary contact is not unique, you can set mutiple contacts as primary · Issue #18811 · frappe/erpnext · GitHub

Thank you in advance!

@AOL This isn’t a Bug though, seems like user’s can have multiple primary contacts for cases where the primary contacts should be pulled for a particular transaction.

Although we will consider the issue and revert if it needs a fix.

I think both @AOL’s and @Mitali_Deshpande’s comments are valid. Perhaps, we can have primary contact for each department/category.

i.e. for Company XYZ
Mr. A is the primary contact for Sales Department - Product A
Mr. B is the primary contact for Sales Department - Product B
Mr. C is the primary contact for Procurement Department
and so on…

Not sure if my idea is the best solution. But as a user, I would like to know the right PIC to contact for each department and/or product

1 Like

Thank you for your replies. @Mitali_Deshpande, @Raymond_Liew

There has been a while since the question was posted, in my use case, I just need one primary contact for the company customer mainly. So what I did is write a custom script to offset other primary contacts if there is any.

I guess it’s just a matter of customization then. Again, thanks for your suggestions.

2 Likes