Bug in last release frappe v12.16.0 erpnext v12.19.0

No, I remember my password, and i can change it from bench.

i tried to uncheck “Allow Login using Mobile Number” from the database but still the same issue

have you tried to reset the administrator password in bench , then login with administrator and reset other users passwords?

password didn’t change
due to bug, we can’t log in with userid

Same problem here. After the update only the login with mail address works. Login with the username doesn’t work anymore. We don’t use the option to login with with mobile phone number.
I’ve already tried to enable/disable the different checkboxes to allow login with a username or mobile phone number, but doesn’t help.
I’m still able to login with the ‘Administrator’ account. I can use Administrator as username for that.

Not sure if this has anything to do with the Python version in the bench environment. The users that are reporting this error: What version of Python are you guys on in the bench environment?

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay

python 3.5

Upgrade to Python 3.7 as described in this link and please see if that solves anything for you guys?

Thanks

Jay

I use Python 3.9.2
same version before and after frappe/erpnext upgrade.

In my initial configuration “allow use of mobile number” was not checked:
Login user with username: Yes
Login user with email: Yes
Login Administrator: Yes

I have updated to 12.18 → 12.19:
Login user with username: No
Login user with email: Yes
Login Administrator: Yes

I have marked “allow to use mobile number”:
Login user with email: No
Login Administrator: No

I have updated Python 2.7.17 → 3.7
Login user with email: No
Login Administrator: No

And which one are able to login and whch ones are not able?

python3 -V gives me Python 3.6.9 as output

Hi,

This is a bug and we are working on hotfix for this. Meanwhile you can fix this issue by running below code in bench console.

(base) frappe-bench $ bench console

In [1]: frappe.db.set_value("System Settings", "System Settings", "allow_login_using_mobile_number", 0)

In [2]: frappe.db.commit()

This should solve your problem if you are not using mobile number to login.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Hotfix will be ready in few hours and will update you once we release the hotfix.

3 Likes

I always do tests on a copy of the application in a virtual machine with 4 registered users, before updating the server
No user can log in, not even the Administrator account, once that box is checked

Thank You :smile: Much Appreciated Always

thank you. kindly release the hotfix for develop branch also, since the same issue is there for the latest develop version.

Yes I can confirm this works :slight_smile:
Thanks @Leela_Vadlamudi

This is working on develop version too. i just tried it.

Thank You.

this worked for me

This issue has been fixed with the latest version 12 release.

Please update Frappe app to resolve the issue.

1 Like