BOM cost update

I am flabbergasted that updating of BOM costs when the raw material price is changed is not implemented. This is an essential part of any ERP system. The cost of the raw material goes up, the BOM HAS to be automatically updated. I cannot think of any situation where this would not be necessary.

Sales staff ask for 1000 ubolts. Production staff create production order and manufacture them. BUT the details are wrong because the raw costs have not been updated

There should be a tick box setting in manufacturing that asks the question “Do you want stock price changes to automatically update BOM cost”

If that is ticked then whenever the BOM is viewed it should automatically fetch new prices, and whenever a production order is created, again new costs automatically fetched

Is this such a difficult task that it cannot be implemented very quickly?

Surely any though of using ERPNEXt for profit and loss goes out the window without this feature

I have created a github request if you would like to vote on the feature and give it a few +1’s

https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/1357

1 Like

It seems the team have no plans to implement this. I really cannot understand why they think manually updating thousands of BOM’s daily is the best process

Hi @Ron_Taylor,

This is a good feature. If you have any design for it, please share with us. We will start work on it soon

Thanks

@rohit_w

I am not a programmer, so no idea how difficult this is, but it seems simple to my logic

There should be a tick box setting in manufacturing that asks the question “Do you want stock price changes to automatically update BOM cost”

If that is ticked then whenever the BOM is viewed it should automatically fetch new prices, and whenever a production order is created, again new costs automatically fetched

I suppose the difficulty is sending it down the line with multiple dependent BOM’s

Or even a button that says “Update ALL BOMS now” that we can press every day would be better than nothing

@rohit_w what is update cost button actually? To just view updated cost on BOM ??

If I create production order, start then finish…all stock movements are using FIFO…updated costs don’t reflect updated bom costing…

I also facing the same issue. The new price for the Material item is not getting updated in table BOM Item(‘tabBOM Item’)…but price is get updated in BOM Explosion Item (‘tabBOM Explosion Item’)

BOM Item Table

BOM Explosion Item Table