[Blog] - The Total Cost of Ownership

Hi All,

Sharing my blog on the total cost of ownership of ERPNext.

1 Like

Excellent article…so go for the hosted cloud…

Your position at the end of Blog is not really clear:

Full disclosure: I am an employee of Frappe Technologies Pvt Ltd which develops and publishes ERPNext with open source contributors and provides commercial hosting and support solutions on erpnext.com) and also Basawaraj is a the Manager of Projects at SELCO, a leading social enterprise distributing solar solutions in rural India. Before joining SELCO, Basawaraj was a Technology Analyst with Deloitte

Update your user profile…

Further…It has been a tradition almost as old as Erpnext…“the monthly Open Day” with a summary of activities of Frappe staff…

The latest was August 2018… @rmehta Do not give up good and old traditions…

Yes, it’s not clear. Because I don’t have a position!

SAAS or Self-hosted depends entirely on you, your organization, requirement, cost-benefit analysis etc. Even though I am part of the Frappe team, I almost exclusively work with clients who have self-hosted instances. If tomorrow I started my own company, even for a single user I would choose self-hosted instance for the fun of it.

Full disclosure: I am an employee of Frappe Technologies Pvt Ltd which develops and publishes ERPNext with open source contributors and provides commercial hosting and support solutions on erpnext.com) and also Basawaraj is a the Manager of Projects at SELCO, a leading social enterprise distributing solar solutions in rural India. Before joining SELCO, Basawaraj was a Technology Analyst with Deloitte

Update your user profile…

This part did not make sense to me… Help me understand what you are trying to say.

The latest was August 2018… rmehta Do not give up good and old traditions…

Yes, we could do that.

Hi Basawaraj,

“I started my own company, even for a single user I would choose self-hosted instance for the fun of it.” Well, everyone has it’s own definition of fun…We run a one person company, and I am very glad that I am not self-hosted…but since many years on Frappe Erpnext SAAS. I only have to throw a glance on the forum to know I made the right decision :slight_smile:

“This part did not make sense to me… Help me understand what you are trying to say.” I am trying to say that at the end of your blog you write you are a Frappe employee but the automatically generated signature with short profile at the end of blog states that you work for Selco…I guessed that you probably never updated your profile…That is all and not really important, rgds robert

1 Like