Bitnami Installation for Development

Can I use Bitnami Installer ERPNExt for development. But how do i access the command line tools?

Actually,i cannot do normal installation in my machine because of a conflict in mysql already installed in my system

“…i cannot do normal installation in my machine because of a conflict in mysql already installed in my system”

I guess a docker installation would be very helpful for such a case. I am trying to get such running but haven’t completely suceeded yet. What I don’t know is wether you could only dockerize MariaDB and connect to it from a non-dockerized ERPNext installation.

What I am experimenting with is based on the davidgu/erpnext image which you can find on hub.docker. com.

It doesn’t work for 6.x out of the box. This gives an idea about the situation update to ERPNext 6 · Issue #7 · pfy/erpnext · GitHub
and as well this
Installation - "Supervisord is running as root ..."

You could try either:

or

Both of these work well.
If you do create a Docker file that works well could you please think about uploading to fappe/github for other users.
Thanks

I am still in an experimental state (even pretty new to docker) but in case I get anything workable I’ll share it here. If you have any docker chops you could add to my efforts I’d be more then happy you’d join forces

Thanks for the offer @vrms but unfortunately I have no experience with Docker so would be of little help. I know that it is a very useful deployment/management tool but have not had the need to utilise it. About 6 months ago there was some discussion on these forums from some users putting together a docker ERPNext image. Maybe a search here and on Github may return something of use? Best of luck.

What are the steps to switch frappe from dev to prod if we’re using bitnami erpnext stack? Are ‘bench start’ and ‘/opt/bitami/ctlscript.sh’ identical in fuctionality?