Try ERPNext Buy Support Partners Foundation

Biometric Attendance Sync Tool

We have made the first release of our tool that syncs data from your Biometric Attendance System to your ERPNext instance.

This system needs to be set up separately from your ERPNext instance; Hopefully, you find the README and the Wiki adequate.

Contributions welcome :slight_smile:

The release has two attached assets which consist of Windows binaries for 32 and 64 bit respectively. For *nix systems we recommend running directly from source*.

* Follow the README for more information

16 Likes

Good Job @gavindsouza

In your Wiki it says this only works over LAN

If my ERPNext is on AWS how will this work ?

Once again good job

1 Like

Hi @olamide_shodunke

Trust you’re cool. I believe the LAN part refers to the local connection between your biometric device and your machine (computer). I would expect that once the tool is installed on the relevant machine, it should sync the logs to your remote ERPNext instance - regardless of where it’s hosted

In any case, I’ll also be looking forward to a confirmation from @gavindsouza on this

Cheers!

2 Likes

@olamide_shodunke, what @wale says is accurate. The tool needs to be able to communicate with your biometric device via TCP/IP. So, it is usually the case that it needs to run on the same LAN Network as the biometric device.

To sync these fetched logs to your ERPNext instance it uses API access, so if you are able to access your ERPNext instance on your browser, the tool too can access the APIs from a similar location/network.

1 Like

Thanks guys, will let you know what is up after I test it

SSH tunnel would easily help you get job done, no matter where your device and server is hosted.

1 Like

@gavindsouza nice one here

However, i am trying to set this up on my Windows environment, i have launched and loaded the GUI and Config file but nothing is happening

How can i tell the Clock is actually communicating with the GUI and also how do i tell the App is communicating with my ERPnext site

Will appreciate a little guide on this

Warm regards

HAI All.,

I am also strucked here. That windows service is started and existing record are synced from device to my ERPNEXT instance(Previous month record from device for the particular date which is mention in shift type and attendance status absent too) but employee check-in is not getting created . Live punch record also not created.Kindly help to solve this issues.

Thanks in advance.

Hey @Vivek_Champ

How were you able to make it sync in the first place.?

@EnSeal In shift doctype i put value for Process Attendance After and Last Sync of Checkin. So from the device it takes the attendance from date to Last Sync of Checkin date.

Eg: Attendance From Date : 01.05.2020
Last Sync of Checkin : 30.05.2020

For mentioned date for all employees attdendance is marked as absent without creating Employee checkin

@karthikeyan5 @gavindsouza

Please guide for further.

2020-06-29 17:51:12,336 ERROR Error during ERPNext API Call. 31498 1593430026.0 test_1 None Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/yumsum/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py”, line 62, in application
response = frappe.api.handle()
File “/home/yumsum/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/api.py”, line 55, in handle
return frappe.handler.handle()
File “/home/yumsum/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 22, in handle
data = execute_cmd(cmd)
File “/home/yumsum/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/handler.py”, line 61, in execute_cmd
return frappe.call(method, **frappe.form_dict)
File “/home/yumsum/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 1054, in call
return fn(*args, **newargs)
File “/home/yumsum/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext/erpnext/hr/doctype/employee_checkin/employee_checkin.py”, line 70, in add_log_based_on_employee_field
doc.insert()
File “/home/yumsum/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 231, in insert
self._validate()
File “/home/yumsum/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 461, in _validate
self._validate_mandatory()
File “/home/yumsum/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 747, in _validate_mandatory
name=self.name))
frappe.exceptions.MandatoryError: [Employee Checkin, EMP-CKIN-06-2020-000001]: log_type

2020-06-29 17:51:12,337 ERROR exception when calling pull_process_and_push_data function for device{“device_id”: “test_1”, “ip”: “192.168.13.101”, “punch_direction”: null, “clear_from_device_on_fetch”: false}
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “erpnext_sync.py”, line 51, in main
pull_process_and_push_data(device, device_attendance_logs)
File “erpnext_sync.py”, line 129, in pull_process_and_push_data
raise Exception(‘API Call to ERPNext Failed.’)
Exception: API Call to ERPNext Failed.

Please any one help !
ERPNext: v12.6.0 (version-12)
Frappe Framework: v12.4.1 (version-12)