I want to use Bom Item Table in Item Table.
How i can do that ?
Can you please explain your use case? If you’re talking about adding a table in another table, that functionality is not available yet.
i mean need to add the Materials Section in Bill of material to Item
so when add new item i see the material section on item
the photo show you the material section :
Any Answer plz
- Create a new DocType for Materials table in Item.
- Add required fields.
- Add the table to Item DocType using “Customize Form”.
- Write a script to fetch the values from BOM Item Materials Table.
- If you need these values to be editable, write the logic to update the BOM Item on updation of materials table in Item.
Easier and preferred way: Simply create or update existing BOM by clicking the relevant link in “Related Documents” section.
Look … if i Duplicate The Bom Item table and rename it to Material item
and copy the code in BOM.py to Item.py and edit it to run with my own code .
It is not so easy. What’s wrong with going into the BOM and doing the relevant modifications there?
After all it’s just a click away.
There are multiple things wrong with what you are trying to do:
- If the particular item has no BOM, it will produce error while trying to save.
- You are complicating what is really simple for saving yourself a click.
Hope this helps.
No my friend but i don’t know how i can the relevant modifications way
Anybody Help me ?
what i understand from arabic description , you are trying to defined an item to include many other items , you can use " Product Bundle "
let take an example :
you have a laptop , and your company sell it with a mouse and headphone and extra battery
So you go to item , make new item called laptop
and made item called mouse , headphone and extra battery ,
so you have 4 items now .
then go to " Product Bundle " choose laptop and you will find a table to add items
you will add to it mouse headphone , battery …
and now you can sell it as an item but it will stay in your stock each one alone