Best way to design print formats

Hey there! Just getting startet with ERPNext and trying to add our company’s PDF style as a custom print format so we can seamlessly switch over. BUT: Not sure how to best import it.

Ideally I’d be able to design an A4 page in Figma, convert to HTML, Import to print formats, replace placeholder variables with {{ expressions }} and be done with it.

Has anybody customized their print designs in that way and could point me in the right direction?

Thank you already!

In print format create a new one. Set it as custom and use the HTML and CSS editor. You can use jinja template. Search forum for Tally style print format. That can help you get going. Jinja will help you write rules of the print output.

Thanks for your tip, but I haven’t been able to find anything helpful in the forum yet.
But apparently I’ll just have to rebuild my company’s invoice in Bootstrap and hope the resolution/scaling will work out when hitting print…

Might help.

Here’s a thread.

This thread may be helpful also:

1 Like

Thank you @Muzzy, @rtdany10, and @brian_pond for the links! I’ll copy and experiment with the code and explanation of @Nikunj_Patel which is looking very promising <3