Best approach in adding lead to ERPNext CRM

Hi everyone,

I’m moving my first steps with erpNext.

My situation in brief:
I have a wordpress webiste with my services, one for each page, with a contact form each.

The leads are generated by the contact form in the Worpress and then through API I add a Lead in my erpNext CRM.

I would like to gently ask some suggestions:

1. Contact form ask for Name, Phone, Location and a field with free request. Where to put this last field in the erpNext CRM? In the notes field inside CRM?

2. Often happens that a user on website submit two different contact form (e.g. He is interested in two different services).
    How would you manage it in erpNext CRM? I mean if there is already a Lead showing interest for Service_1 how to also add the information about Service_2

3. Is right to add a Lead or the best thing is to add an Opportunity?

Thanks a lot for the help.

1 Like

Anyone can help with some suggestions?
Thank you

Contact form ask for Name , Phone , Location and a field with free request. Where to put this last field in the erpNext CRM? In the notes field inside CRM?

It would be an option to make use of the notes field, yes. It maybe depends on what contents do you expect within “free request”? When just free-text, go with it.

Often happens that a user on website submit two different contact form (e.g. He is interested in two different services).
How would you manage it in erpNext CRM? I mean if there is already a Lead showing interest for Service_1 how to also add the information about Service_2

The first is, that you should evaluate, if your current process is ideal from UX perspective - when it often happens, that your customers create two request, there seems to be space for improvement. Also check https://docs.erpnext.com/docs/user/manual/en/CRM/articles/difference_between_lead_contact_and_customer.

1. Is right to add a Lead or the best thing is to add an Opportunity?

There is no right/wrong. It depends all on your processes. I would recommend to decide based on how qualified the request is. When it is already qualified and you are aware already on the products your customer is interested in, go with the opportunity.

1 Like