Bench update --upgrade problem

hello guys,
I am new user for erpnext. i did not make a decision yet to convert to erpnext ,because of so many issues first i am worry about losing data , for example last time i made force restore i got server error problem and i spent hours to know how to solve it, by applying bench migrate after restoring thanks god someone save the day :slight_smile:)
after that i have got this message when i write bench update command

Cannot proceed with update: You have local changes in app “frappe” that are not committed.

Here are your choices:

1. Merge the frappe app manually with “git pull” / “git pull --rebase” and fix conflicts.
  2. Temporarily remove your changes with “git stash” or discard them completely
    with “bench update --reset” or for individual repositries “git reset --hard”
  3. If your changes are helpful for others, send in a pull request via GitHub and
    wait for them to be merged in the core.

Seems like frappe repo is changed locally. If you did not make any change or don’t need the changes
run below command from frappe-bench directory
bench update —reset (— is 2 hyphens)

P.S. It will wipe any code change in Frappe and ERPNext local repositories.

1 Like

Thanks dear for your reply
Does it delete my company data

Hi I believe that doesnt delete data, but if you did some core edits then you might lose some data. I suggest you should backup your database first before doing anything else.

No it does not delete data.
When you update, the database will be backup before updating the site, so you can run the command safely.

Thanks so much i did it and it works :upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

1 Like