Bench Update Error? Version-13-beta

Getting the following warning on bench update:

UNRESOLVED_IMPORT : 'vue/dist/vue.js' is imported by ../erpnext/erpnext/public/js/hub/marketplace.js, but could not be resolved – treating it as an external dependency
Cannot find some dependencies. You may have to run "bench setup requirements" to install them.

UNRESOLVED_IMPORT : 'vue/dist/vue.js' is imported by ../erpnext/erpnext/public/js/hub/vue-plugins.js, but could not be resolved – treating it as an external dependency
Cannot find some dependencies. You may have to run "bench setup requirements" to install them.

Did try to resolve by running bench setup requirements… and also tried bench update --reset does not resolve this message.

This is a test production installation of version-13-beta . Appreciate any guidance on how to resolve ? or safe to ignore?

Thanks

3 Likes

You try running "yarn install" in the apps/erpnext directory to install the missing packages

Did try (“yarn install” in erpnext directory as suggested - but did not resolve…

yarn install v1.22.5
[1/4] Resolving packages...
success Already up-to-date.
$ yarn run snyk-protect
yarn run v1.22.5
$ snyk protect
Successfully applied Snyk patches

Will appreciate your thoughts on why you think this is a yarn issue and not a bench build issue… The bench update --reset command - completely reinstalls the frappe / erpnext from Github - so should not be any missing packages??? FYI - little more detail this what I get after bench update --reset

Building missing assets...

✔ Built frappe/css/email.css
✨  Done in 0.189s
yarn run v1.22.5
$ FRAPPE_ENV=production node rollup/build.js --skip_frappe
Production mode
✔ Built js/moment-bundle.min.js
✔ Built js/libs.min.js

Building erpnext assets...

✔ Built js/erpnext-web.min.js
✔ Built js/item-dashboard.min.js
UNRESOLVED_IMPORT : 'vue/dist/vue.js' is imported by ../erpnext/erpnext/public/js/hub/marketplace.js, but could not be resolved – treating it as an external dependency

UNRESOLVED_IMPORT : 'vue/dist/vue.js' is imported by ../erpnext/erpnext/public/js/hub/vue-plugins.js, but could not be resolved – treating it as an external dependency

MISSING_GLOBAL_NAME : No name was provided for external module 'vue/dist/vue.js' in output.globals – guessing 'Vue'
✔ Built js/erpnext.min.js
✔ Built css/erpnext.css
✔ Built css/marketplace.css
✔ Built css/erpnext-web.css
✔ Built js/marketplace.min.js
✨  Done in 12.218s
Done in 14.45s.
1 Like

hi @zerodiscount,

Have you tried >> bench setup requirements and bench build

Can you share in detail exactly what are you facing when accessing ERPNext?

Yes did both - before and just now again. Same error as above. Bench update --reset also builds bench (as I understand). Appreciate your time - any other ideas?

Not facing issues when running ERPNext V13-beta.5 so far… Dont know what vue.js impacts… I am getting this error during bench update command

This has been reported here : UNRESOLVED_IMPORT : 'vue/dist/vue.js' · Issue #23427 · frappe/erpnext · GitHub

1 Like

Facing the same error

Still occuring with latest version-13-beta today (updates to both frappe and erpnext).

There hasn’t been any action in the github issue. Can anyone say if this is a non-issue? Is “bench build --force” a necessary and acceptable solution? Could there simply be a discrepency in the case of the library name (“Vue instead of vue”), and the assumption made is correct and there is no issue?

I solved the issue by command from the frappe-bench folder:
npm install vue followed by bench update --reset

1 Like

I used that command my bench built was successful. However, I am not able to use erpnext properly. Can you please what would be the reason? How can I resolve this?

When you installed ERPNext - did your setup wizard complete? I am trying to also decipher why the vue.js was not installed. I had experienced the wizard incompletion issue for my test install and I had to go back reinstall / run the wizard again. For self hosted - this process can take long time and the browser times out in interim.

“I am not able to use erpnext properly” - what do you mean?

Got successfully updated from beta 4 to beta 9. The issue was due to git stash apply. Which results in some of the docs which has modification was not working properly.

So, I did those minor modifications manually. Now everything looks good. npm install vue helped me to resolve warning as well. Thanks for that!

I did an update today from V13 beta 4 to V13 beta 9. However, I am not able to upgrade to the latest version beta 10. Do you face the same issue as well?

@ARUN_KUMAR - there can be many reasons why the upgrade fails. Hard to troubleshoot without specific error messages. I have paused updates on my dev / test install (v13 beta) as busy with other project. Will advise upon update.

I suggest in interim starting a new thread on the forum with the specific error message - as you will get a wider audience to help you.

I don’t get any error message though. The upgrade goes upto beta 9, but we have beta 10 in the release. I am wondering why I am not able to upgrade to the latest one. Other than that everything works fine. Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

npm install vue did the job for me too.