Bench@develop but Frappe@master and ERPNext@master?

I just install bench using Development Setup: GitHub - frappe/bench: CLI to manage Multi-tenant deployments for Frappe apps

But I want to use Frappe@mater and ERPNext@master.

Is it OK if I switch branch from Frappe and ERPNext to master but using bench development setup?

Thanks

I tried to switch using bench --switch-to-master but no successfull, I got error.

Then I just tried

• install bench using development setup.
  • install frappe on master using : bench init --frappe-branch master frappe-repo
  • install erpnext on master using : bench get-app erpnext https://github.com/frappe/erpnext --branch master

And it seems all run smooth when I run bench start

@vjFaLk, @shreyasp can you help?

@agusputra

What error did you get while you try to switch the branch to master using bench switch-to-master?

@rmehta @shreyasp thanks for your reply.

I forgot about the error when --switch-to-master.

But I reinstall bench frappe and erpnext. And then I’am able to use frappe@master and erpnext@master.

@agusputra So, everything is working smoothly? Do you have any other problems / doubts?

No, All OK.

This is steps I do:

• install bench using development setup: GitHub - frappe/bench: CLI to manage Multi-tenant deployments for Frappe apps
  • install frappe on master using : bench init --frappe-branch master erpnext
  • install erpnext on master using : bench get-app erpnext https://github.com/frappe/erpnext --branch master
  • run bench new-site erpnext
  • run bench --site erpnext install-app erpnext
  • run bench start

Evertything working smoothly.

Before Update:

After installed bench, frappe and erpnext, I try to run bench update, but I got error.
Then I do this :

• cd to bench-repo
  • run git pull
  • re-run bench update

Sometimes I got error about mysql root password when running bench update.
Then I try to remove extra_vars.json which is located at ~/extra_vars.json

Then update is success.

3 Likes