Longish post. Summary for those with challenges on time: If you want to head your Country’s (or Region, State, County, District, City/Town) ERPNext Chapter: Please provide your background demonstrating the various attributes mentioned in this document and provide a one page approach document about what is required for you to grow ERPNext adoption in your country and how you plan to contribute.
Here’s the complete post:
Here are the Important Dates:
- Comments, suggestions for changes/enhancement by the community: Till May 17, 2017
- Changes Validated by ERPNext Foundation Body: By May 18, 2017
- Applications: Till May 24, 2017
- Selection Process from May 25 till May 31, 2017
- Appointments confirmed by ERPNext Foundation Body: From May 25 till June 2, 2017
Appointments for Chapter Heads for Countries, Regions, States, Counties, Districts, Cities/Towns that receive no expression of interest during this time period will be made on a continuous basis as people volunteer for such positions.
Opportunities exist for Chapters at each Country Level. Where multiple people express interest, each aspirant is expected to submit a document outlining the aspirant’s commitment and approach to this position. It is recommended, though not mandated, that the successful aspirant will be gracious and appoint the other aspirants as the heads of the Regional, State, Country, District or City/Town Chapter Heads.
The Chapter is composed of developers, volunteers and evangelists in a specific locality. A Chapter’s main function is to evangelize,train and conduct events that can encourage the growth of the Frappe
and ERPNext Community in their region.
FUNCTIONS OF THE CHAPTER
Generally, the Chapter is in charge of growing the developer community and evangelizing and/or marketing ERPNext and Frappe through a variety of events. Chapters and their respective Chapter
Heads should coordinate with Foundation Representatives whenever necessary. Chapters are responsible for the following:
- Oversee Localization Development Roadmap and its goals, milestones and their required resources (eg. Funding, volunteers, logistics)
- Assist with Foundation’s Development Roadmap if needed
- Lobby the Foundation to allocate funds for the Development of the Localization Roadmap
- Submit requirements for disbursement and liquidation(if any)
- Raise in-country funds (eg. Via sponsorships) for events in line to the Chapter’s Roadmap/General Plan of Activities
Meet and/or host meetups at a regular frequency (Recommended frequency: Monthly)
Facilitate events on Frappe and ERPNext which may include but are not limited to the following:
Evangelize ERPNext by working with:
- Accounting Service Organizations
- Chambers of Commerce/Industry
- Consulting Organizations
- Industry Associations and Bodies
Develop the ERPNext Community in various cities of the Country:
- Identify and Recommend for Appointment Regional, State, County, District, City/Town Chapter Heads
- Help onboard City Chapter Heads
- Help recruit Gold, Silver and Individual Members for ERPNext Foundation
Infrastructure and Chapter Recommendations:
- Chapter has the capacity to host (or provide for) space to host the Meetups and Events (if possible)
- Key members must have implemented ERPNext in at least one organization
- Key members must have the ability (knowledge and Infrastructure wise) to demonstrate ERPNext’s functionality to prospects
Great to have:
- Development and Customization expertise on ERPNext
- Ability to host Conference Calls and Virtual Meetings
Each chapter can recruit it’s own volunteers to help with mobilization and logistics during events.
Communication Methods: Suggestions (Subject to Foundation approval):
- Chapters may create their own facebook group or use an alternative medium (eg. GoToMeeting, Google Hangouts, Mailing Lists, Slack, Mattermost) in order to aid with internal communications.
- Chapter Heads should belong to a group/channel where they can interact and report to the Foundation whenever necessary.
- File sharing (For document templates, etc) can be done using Google Drive
Each Chapter has a Chapter Head who will oversee all of the activities of the Chapter. This Position is Voluntary and by applying for this position, the applicant commits to the broad terms of this document. The responsibilities of the Chapter Head are as follows:
- Serve as the Chief Evangelist for ERPNext (Foundation and the Product).
- Coordinate and report to the Foundation on the chapter’s events, achievements regularly.
- Oversee all the chapter activities and spearhead initiatives on the items mentioned.
- Produce any required documentation with regards to the Chapter and activities hosted
Initially for 1 Year, unless the Foundation Members vote to remove the Country Chapter Head by a two thirds majority vote by the (Global) ERPNext Foundation members
Selection Process and Qualifications:
- Chapter Heads will be chosen based on prior community envolvement and background on Frappe and ERPNext.
- Applicants should provide their background demonstrating the various attributes mentioned in this document and provide a one page approach document about what is required to grow ERPNext adoption in the applicant’s country and how the applicant plans to contribute.
All (Country, Region, State, County, District, City/Town) Chapter Heads have to be a member of the ERPNext Foundation at the time of appointment. Applicants may not be a member at the time of the application process, but must be a member (Gold, Silver or Individual) at the time of appointment.