Backup Manager (Download backup and Dropbox not working)

In my dropbox developer account I create an App that can create file & datastore, copy key and secret to erpnext conf.py
In Backup Manager I’ve already set up Email Notification (email work) and then Allow Dropbox access and upload to Dropbox daily, and Erpnext tell me that Dropbox access allowed. Please close this window!
I have 2 problems
First: Dropbox datastore seem connected but Erpnext didn’t upload anything to the datastore. There’s no error logs in Dropbox developer dashboard, the graph show the Api connected successfull but datastore contain nothing.
Second: System → Download Backup: I receive an email with 2 links (1 for files, 1 for Database) but when I click both links (URL) in 24 hours period but it didn’t download generated files, I change other browser but the same.
So I did’nt get any backup at this moment!

The file is site_config.json. Also check if jobs are running.

https://erpnext.com/kb/setup/setting-up-dropbox-backups

The hostname in the link maybe wrong.

Hi pdvyas,
The hostname in my link is correct
what I did is the same with the new tutorial.
I believe the backup process did not generate any file so the link not work and file upload to Dropbox are not exists. would you mind help me on How to check if backup process (job) is running? Is there any log file or I need to run it manually via command line?
thank you ^^

See the backups in sites/{sitename}/private/backups

1 Like

Yes, There are so many backup were generated ^^

hi pdvyas,
sorry I didn’t mention that I run Erpnext as a Appliance Virtual Machine, thank you for giving me a lot of details
Backup files are generated in sites/{sitename}/private/backups
I did run command as your suggestion:

bench frappe --enable_scheduler
Enabled

ls -l sites/{sitename}/locks/
total 0
-rw-r--r-- 1 erpnext erpnext 0 Nov  4 14:27 scheduler.lock

Do I need to delete scheduler.lock file? Is that the reason that the backup fail

@root: supervisorctl status
frappe:frappe-web                RUNNING    pid 1880, uptime 21:03:42
frappe:frappe-worker             RUNNING    pid 1879, uptime 21:03:42
frappe:frappe-workerbeat         FATAL      Exited too quickly (process log may have details)

Something wrong with the workerbeat, I don’t know its log file location? Can you suggest how to make it to work again

1 Like

Yes, remove the scheduler.lock file and also remove the sites/celerybeat.pid file. Then, run sudo supervisorctl restart frappe:

The backups you see are by a cronjob that takes backups every 6 hours.

thank you so much pdvyas,
now I knew there is a cronjob for erpnext user, and wait for my 1st upload to Dropbox
0 */6 * * * cd /home/erpnext/frappe-bench/sites && /home/erpnext/frappe-bench/env/bin/frappe --backup all >> /home/erpnext/frappe-bench/logs/backup.log 2>&1

Dropbox backup is working fine now!
But the Download backup is not fine, I recieve the download link, when I click that link, the browser said forbidden because I need to login to my site with privilege user. I did a Login with administrator account and then click the link on the backup email, but browser didn’t download anything. I saw the file in frappe-bench/sites/{sitename}/private/backups/ but it have a different timestamp. Check Date time and I see my Local machine and Erpnext server are different. I think that may be the reason browser didn’t download file.

If you’re logged in as administrator, it should allow you to download, unless you removed the system manager role for Administrator

If you’re logged in as administrator, it should allow you to download, unless you removed the system manager role for Administrator

I have a administrator will all privileges! I think the problem may relate to datetime
I change my timezone to correct location
But now NTP client in Proxmox enviroment not working correctly?

I follow that article but the system time is also not correct? Is that causing that problem?

As long as the system time is correct, if it’s in another timezone, it’s okay.
The 24hour limit is not enforced, so it’s not an issue.

Also, what is the error you get when you try to download the backup?

There is no error messages in the browser, when I click the download link, the browser go to that URL but did nothing, didn’t download, just blank page!

Please give the output of curl {link_to_backup}. Anything in nginx error logs?

hi pdvyas,
curl http://mysite.com/backups/20141126_32515214_database.sql.gz

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2 Final//EN">
<title>403 Forbidden</title>
<h1>Forbidden</h1>
<p>You need to be logged in and have System Manager Role to be able to access backups.</p>

I try login to my desk with Administrator account and then go to the download link but it didn’t download
Nginx log

[27/Nov/2014:11:29:24 +0700] "GET /backups/20141126_32515214_database.sql.gz HTTP/1.1" 424 0 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/38.0.2125.122 Safari/537.36"

Did you try downloading from the browser (from where you’re logged in)?

Hello,

I have the same problem. I am also running in a VM and the download page (once logged in as Administrator with the System Manager and any other roles activated) is blank.

Any ideas?

@mouuuton Are you getting the same 424 error code?

@dtran, looking at the nginx config,

location /private/ {
            internal;
            try_files /$uri =424;
        }

it seems either the file doesn’t exist or nginx isn;t able to read them. Can you confirm that the backup filename that you get in the link, exists in sites/site1.local/prvate/backups?