Associate Letterhead with Sales Invoice

I’ve created a letterhead and want to use it as the default on our Sales Invoice. How do I go about doing that?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Hi @jvantslot

Enabled option Is Default on the letterhead

Thanks for the quick reply…

I’ve enabled default on my new letterhead, but the old letterhead still persists on new invoices. Is there some cache I need to clear?

I’d like to use the default letterhead for all printing EXCEPT for the Sales Invoice, which I’d like to use the new letterhead I’ve created. Any way to do this?

I haven’t been able to find any documentation on this, but I may be looking in the wrong place for it. Anywhere I can find info on modifying the standard Sales Invoice letterhead setting?

Thanks!

Yes, you need to click on reload option under menu list

Make custom script for the sales invoice and add the below code, set new letter head name in the Name-of-the-letter-head

frappe.ui.form.on('Sales Invoice', {
 setup: function(frm) {
	frm.set_value('letter_head', 'Name-of-the-letter-head')
 }
})
2 Likes

Sorry, but I can’t seem to get this to work. I’ve created a custom script and set the doc type to “Sales Invoice” with the following:

frappe.ui.form.on('Sales Invoice', {
  setup: function(frm) {
  frm.set_value('letter_head', 'Sales Invoice')
  }
})

But no joy. I’ve reloaded, logged out and back in, but it keeps loading the default letterhead when I create a new sales Invoice.

Seems there should be a way to set the default in the form itself?

Thanks for any advice.

The script works for me, but the custom letter head is not reflecting in the PDF. Any help with this will be much appreciated. Also, I checked the database, and the letter_head is always stored as the default letter head, and not the custom letter head.