Asset List form Issue - Unable to add Employee Name column for Custodian

Friends ,
The Asset list form has a standard column ‘Custodian’ and is of type link wit option as “Employee” , So user can select custodian of an asset as an employee however there is no field available to show custodian/ employee name o the page , I added a field with type data with option as employee and fech as employee.employee_name , while i am able to save the doc type asset after this customization without any issues , however the field and lable for employee name simply does not display on the page

can someone please guide me to achieve this ?

Ty
O

It has been refactored so that an Asset can have either Location or Employee. There’s only one way to get around this, you will have to set Custodian and Location for the Asset on the creation.

If you specifically want to have a Custodian of an Asset and you don’t care about location then create an Asset Movement for that Asset and select transfer type issue and select the Employee.

Hi

I am using custodian but unable to display name of custodian (employee name) on the Asset List form , Appreciate your explanation but my issue is only pertaining to displaying custodian name (employee name) upon selection of custodian (employee)

Ty
O

In that case, go to Asset List → Menu → Customize Form → Scroll Down to Custodian Field & Click on the down arrow on the right → Enable ‘In List View’ → Save

If you still don’t see Custodian in Asset List then you might want to disable ‘In List View’ for other fields displayed in the list (eg. disable for Location field through same steps)

Hi

I am able to see custodian in Asset List , However , I am unable to fetch employee_name in custom field i have created which i expect to fetch from employee based on employee i have selected in custodian

Ty
O

In your custom field, don’t write anything in Options. Then in the ‘Fetch From’ area type ‘custodian.employee_name’

Hi
Okay , however my issue is o the asset list form even the lable is not visible

1 Like

Hi,
This will work while creating the asset. But if add a asset movement entry the custodian column value is getting update but the custodian name(custom field) is not getting update.
how do I achieve that.

My ultimate goal is I want to show the custodian name instead of custodian code in the report.

I am facing the same issue and cannot get through. Can someone please help

Thanks. This actually works. But it does not show up in the already created Asset entries but it shows in the newly created Asset entries.