API Tutorial/Documentation is Broken

I launched a fresh site at Frappe Cloud of ERPNext. Still trying to figure out if ERPNext is worth investing the time in. The little I’ve used seems to work, but then I run into broken links and pages on the website that make me think maybe the project isn’t super stable or well maintained. Latest issues adding to my question is the following:

Trying to work with the API, following this tutorial https://wiki.erpnext.org/display/ENG/4.+REST+API, I generate my api keys, set up my headers and the response is a stack trace instead of a 403 or other correct code.

{"exc":"[\"Traceback (most recent call last):\\n  File \\\"/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py\\\", line 68, in application\\n    response = frappe.api.handle()\\n  File \\\"/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/api.py\\\", line 129, in handle\\n    data = frappe.call(frappe.client.get_list, doctype, **frappe.local.form_dict)\\n  File \\\"/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py\\\", line 1172, in call\\n    return fn(*args, **newargs)\\n  File \\\"/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/client.py\\\", line 48, in get_list\\n    return frappe.get_list(**args)\\n  File \\\"/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py\\\", line 1406, in get_list\\n    return frappe.model.db_query.DatabaseQuery(doctype).execute(*args, **kwargs)\\n  File \\\"/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/model/db_query.py\\\", line 47, in execute\\n    raise frappe.PermissionError(self.doctype)\\nfrappe.exceptions.PermissionError: Currency Exchange\\n\"]","_error_message":"Insufficient Permission for <b>Currency Exchange</b>"}

P.D.- I was going to post this under Developers, but the disucss.frappe.io forum that it points to is no longer there… another broken thing.

You can check for documentation at frappeframework.com like for rest API here is the link:
Introduction

Edit 1: You can find documentation specifically related ERPNext at docs.erpnext.com

2 Likes