Apache fails to start after adding erpnext.conf

Hi,

I have followed the steps given in the wiki for installing erpnext.

After i have created a erpnext.conf in the erpnext root directory and
symlinked it to
/etc/apache2/site-enabled/erpnext.conf, When i try to restart apache
service it throws
up following error message :

apache2: Syntax error on line 237 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Could
not open configuration file /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/erpnext.conf:
Too many levels of symbolic links
Action ‘configtest’ failed.
The Apache error log may have more information.
…fail!

I have tried setting permission of erpnext.conf to
www-data:www-data(my apache user and group). But with no success.

Thanks in advance.


-Cheers
-Arif


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Hi Arif,

Did you correctly replace [PATH TO ERPNEXT INSTALLATION] with your erpnext installation path?

Thanks,
Anand.

On 18-Apr-2013, at 3:07 PM, aft <af...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I have followed the steps given in the wiki for installing erpnext.

After i have created a erpnext.conf in the erpnext root directory and
symlinked it to
/etc/apache2/site-enabled/erpnext.conf, When i try to restart apache
service it throws
up following error message :

apache2: Syntax error on line 237 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Could
not open configuration file /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/erpnext.conf:
Too many levels of symbolic links
Action 'configtest' failed.
The Apache error log may have more information.
  ...fail!

I have tried setting permission of erpnext.conf to
www-data:www-data(my apache user and group). But with no success.

Thanks in advance.

--
-Cheers
-Arif

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.





You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

 

 

Also, 
Please post installation related queries to developer forum at: er...@googlegroups.com

We will answer any further questions there.

Thanks,
Anand.

On 18-Apr-2013, at 3:37 PM, Anand Doshi <an...@iwebnotes.com> wrote:

Hi Arif,

Did you correctly replace [PATH TO ERPNEXT INSTALLATION] with your erpnext installation path?

Thanks,
Anand.

On 18-Apr-2013, at 3:07 PM, aft <af...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I have followed the steps given in the wiki for installing erpnext.

After i have created a erpnext.conf in the erpnext root directory and
symlinked it to
/etc/apache2/site-enabled/erpnext.conf, When i try to restart apache
service it throws
up following error message :

apache2: Syntax error on line 237 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Could
not open configuration file /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/erpnext.conf:
Too many levels of symbolic links
Action 'configtest' failed.
The Apache error log may have more information.
  ...fail!

I have tried setting permission of erpnext.conf to
www-data:www-data(my apache user and group). But with no success.

Thanks in advance.

--
-Cheers
-Arif

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ERPNext User's Forum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.






You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

 

 

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 4:07 PM, Anand Doshi an...@iwebnotes.com wrote:

Hi Arif,

Did you correctly replace [PATH TO ERPNEXT INSTALLATION] with your erpnext
installation path?

Yes. if i hadn’t then the symlink command would have failed.

Thanks,
Anand.

On 18-Apr-2013, at 3:07 PM, aft af...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

I have followed the steps given in the wiki for installing erpnext.

After i have created a erpnext.conf in the erpnext root directory and
symlinked it to
/etc/apache2/site-enabled/erpnext.conf, When i try to restart apache
service it throws
up following error message :

apache2: Syntax error on line 237 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Could
not open configuration file /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/erpnext.conf:
Too many levels of symbolic links
Action ‘configtest’ failed.
The Apache error log may have more information.
…fail!

I have tried setting permission of erpnext.conf to
www-data:www-data(my apache user and group). But with no success.

Thanks in advance.


-Cheers
-Arif


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
“ERPNext User’s Forum” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
“ERPNext User’s Forum” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


-Cheers
-Arif


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Hi,

I have followed the steps given in the wiki for installing erpnext.

After i have created a erpnext.conf in the erpnext root directory and
symlinked it to
/etc/apache2/site-enabled/erpnext.conf, When i try to restart apache
service it throws
up following error message :

apache2: Syntax error on line 237 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Could
not open configuration file /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/erpnext.conf:
Too many levels of symbolic links
Action ‘configtest’ failed.
The Apache error log may have more information.
…fail!

I have tried setting permission of erpnext.conf to
www-data:www-data(my apache user and group). But with no success.

Thanks in advance.


-Cheers
-Arif


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext Developer Forum” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-developer-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to er...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 4:08 PM, Anand Doshi an...@iwebnotes.com wrote:

Also,
Please post installation related queries to developer forum at:
er...@googlegroups.com

I have sent a mail there also. Thanks for the tip.

We will answer any further questions there.

Thanks,
Anand.

On 18-Apr-2013, at 3:37 PM, Anand Doshi an...@iwebnotes.com wrote:

Hi Arif,

Did you correctly replace [PATH TO ERPNEXT INSTALLATION] with your erpnext
installation path?

Thanks,
Anand.

On 18-Apr-2013, at 3:07 PM, aft af...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

I have followed the steps given in the wiki for installing erpnext.

After i have created a erpnext.conf in the erpnext root directory and
symlinked it to
/etc/apache2/site-enabled/erpnext.conf, When i try to restart apache
service it throws
up following error message :

apache2: Syntax error on line 237 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Could
not open configuration file /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/erpnext.conf:
Too many levels of symbolic links
Action ‘configtest’ failed.
The Apache error log may have more information.
…fail!

I have tried setting permission of erpnext.conf to
www-data:www-data(my apache user and group). But with no success.

Thanks in advance.


-Cheers
-Arif


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
“ERPNext User’s Forum” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
“ERPNext User’s Forum” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


-Cheers
-Arif


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext User’s Forum” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-user-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Hi Arif,

I am talking about the changes in the erpnext.conf file and not the symlink command.

You need to do some changes in the erpnext.conf file also.

-Anand.

On 18-Apr-2013, at 3:43 PM, aft af...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

I have followed the steps given in the wiki for installing erpnext.

After i have created a erpnext.conf in the erpnext root directory and
symlinked it to
/etc/apache2/site-enabled/erpnext.conf, When i try to restart apache
service it throws
up following error message :

apache2: Syntax error on line 237 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Could
not open configuration file /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/erpnext.conf:
Too many levels of symbolic links
Action ‘configtest’ failed.
The Apache error log may have more information.
…fail!

I have tried setting permission of erpnext.conf to
www-data:www-data(my apache user and group). But with no success.

Thanks in advance.


-Cheers
-Arif


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext Developer Forum” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-developer-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to er...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext Developer Forum” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-developer-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to er...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 4:16 PM, Anand Doshi an...@iwebnotes.com wrote:

Hi Arif,

I am talking about the changes in the erpnext.conf file and not the symlink command.

Sorry for not understanding your point.

I was the one at fault here :slight_smile:

It solved my problem.

Thanks for the help.

You need to do some changes in the erpnext.conf file also.

-Anand.

On 18-Apr-2013, at 3:43 PM, aft af...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi,

I have followed the steps given in the wiki for installing erpnext.

After i have created a erpnext.conf in the erpnext root directory and
symlinked it to
/etc/apache2/site-enabled/erpnext.conf, When i try to restart apache
service it throws
up following error message :

apache2: Syntax error on line 237 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Could
not open configuration file /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/erpnext.conf:
Too many levels of symbolic links
Action ‘configtest’ failed.
The Apache error log may have more information.
…fail!

I have tried setting permission of erpnext.conf to
www-data:www-data(my apache user and group). But with no success.

Thanks in advance.


-Cheers
-Arif


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext Developer Forum” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-developer-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to er...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext Developer Forum” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-developer-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to er...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


-Cheers
-Arif


You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “ERPNext Developer Forum” group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to erpnext-developer-forum+un...@googlegroups.com.
To post to this group, send email to er...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.