Any plan for better handling of UoM(Nos by default only) for item?

Hi,

as using v13-DEV for testing, here has the mention about:

• only Nos UoM do support for Item

it doesn’t matter, we can assume Nos as a basic unit of either Powder, Pill or others.

however, if integrate into stock, Material request or Purchase order, it seem Nos is not a better choice, as the price rate only count on Nos unit. However in real world it should be place order in other type, like bottle , box, or Pack.

and unit price also doesn’t make sense in purchase order, for example:

• a bottle contain 200g Powder
  • a bottle cost $299

in order to make UoM of Nos work, I need to provide the unit cost as : 299/200
= 1.495

formula seem work but not suitable for real life.

also the conversion of UoM not work in calculation, I already post a bug here
Material rate fetch base on different UOM · Issue #25032 · frappe/erpnext · GitHub

may I know any person here are able to overcome that issue ?
or simply skip the stock and order feature if using Healthcare domain?

thanks

Regards,
Lawes

Hi Lawes,

Are you suggesting that ERPNext is only letting you use Nos as the UOM or default UOM for items?

Is there anything preventing you from setting up Items with Bottle, Box or Pack as the UOM?

I think either I am missing something or you are.

There is really no reason why you should not be able to setup items with Default or Secondary UOMs as Bottle, Pack or Box. And no reason why you cannot setup prices in the Default or Stock UOM.

If you can describer your issue clearly and break it up like:

The Item I have setup is ItemA. It’s default/stock UOM is _____. It’s secondary UOM/s is/are _______ & ________ and the conversion factors are ______ & ________.

I am setting adding the Item Price and I am setting it up as _____ for UOM ______.

Now when I make a transaction, I am having the following trouble:

Apologies. I don’t mean to be offensive, but maybe there are others who understand the challenges you are facing with ERPNext, but I don’t think you should have a problem accomplishing what you’ve described.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay

Hi Jay,

thanks for help.

the question here because, said I have create two Items (itemA and itemB), set default of UoM as Bottle and Nos accordingly.

during Patient encounter medical setting, only itemA can’t calculate correctly, for example, QID with 4 days period.

and the default stock of UoM can’t change/update during stock entry, it seems locked by default UoM setting, hence the stock entry basic unit here is Nos as value. as I mention, it is hard to maintain operation as the real unit should base on bottle or other bigger unit, instead of Nos or implied meaning like powder, pill .etc

transfer to your word:
The Item I have setup is ItemA. It’s default/stock UOM is Bottle. It’s secondary UOM/s is/are Nos and the conversion factors are 1 & 0.005.

The Item I have setup is ItemB. It’s default/stock UOM is Nos. It’s secondary UOM/s is/are Bottle and the conversion factors are 1 & 200.

I am setting adding the Item Price and I am setting itemA as 299 for UOM bottle.
I am setting adding the Item Price and I am setting itemB as 1.1 for UOM Nos.

in this testing, sales invoice and stock entry both affect, sorry I just start Erpnext not long ago, may be I have wrong understanding of UoM, so can you guide me how to overcome in Erpnext operation ?

thanks

Regards,
Lawes

Hi Lawes,

Apologies if I missed this the first time around? Are you using the Healthcare module of ERPNext?

Thanks

Jay

Hi Jay,

yes, and I guess I found something hints right now.

Healthcare module using Nos as default, during fetch items in sales invoice from prescriptions, those items with default UoM set to “bottle” won’t transfer to UoM Nos, although I can change in UoM per item but that’s not feasible.

So each time I need manually change the UoM to Nos per items (may be any setting that allow me to lock the UoM ? please advise)

and the default UoM, as mention, should be other type than Nos, which will make the stock ledger record make sense to check.

thanks

Regards,
Lawes

Looks like it’s a bug, will look into this. thanks

Edit: It should actually fetch the default UOM configured for the Item.

thanks, I would give it a try once it has been fixed

Regards,
Lawes