ERPNext and Frappe version 8 has been released today, which means
develop branch has been merged into
Here are the list of major features we developed in this version.
- From the awesome bar, you can now search all the documents related to a specific keyword.
- For example, you can get all Quotations, Sales Orders and Sales Invoices related to a Customer, by searching with customer’s email address / mobile no.
- Kanban Board allows you to identify a field based on which documents will be categorised and viewed together.
- From the board itself, you can update the status of teh document, comment on it or assign it someone.
- Based on community inputs, we have enhanced the POS feature.
- Now, POS has a dedicated numeric keypad to ease the calculations.
- Customer can be added or modified directly from the POS screen.
- Items can also be filtered based on Item Group.
- This feature enables a company to manage employee loans.
- Employees can request loans, which are then reviewed and approved.
- For the approved loans, repayment schedule for the entire loan cycle can be generated and automatic deduction from salary can also be set up.
Multiple UOMs in Selling
- Now, you can have different UOMs for selling an item.
- For instance, if you have a pencil for sell, then you can store it in Nos and sell it in boxes.
Accrual system in Payroll and Expense Claim
- Accounting of Payroll and Expense Claim is now based on accrual system.
- This feature will allow you to ask a customer to rate your service.
- You can configure Feedback Trigger, just like we setup an Email Alert. It will send an email to customer asking for feedback. Customer’s Feedback will be updated in the relevant.
- You can also check Feedback Rating report for daily average rating and trend.
School Assessment Module
- Make Assessment Plan with defined assessment rules
- Track Assessment Results against the Assessment Plan
- Now the system maintains all the changes of a document with the information of user and timestamp.
Delete and Restore
- In version 8, all the deleted documents are stored in the “Deleted Documents” table, which can be restored later
- To permanently delete a record, you need to delete it from “Deleted Documents”.
- We have introduced an Inbox View for all the communications.
- It has all the basic functionalities of an Email Client like Inbox, Sent Mails, Trash and Spam folders, Contact list, Read/Unread, forwarding of an email etc.
- Issue, Lead and Opportunity can be created directly from the Communication.
- Now, all the customised permissions are stored separately in a Custom DocPerm table.
Permissions for Reports and Page
- Report and Page have it’s own dedicated permission table now, it’s no more dependent on the reference Doctype for permissions.
- There is a page “Role Permission for Page and Report”, from where you will be able to customize the permissions for reports and pages.
- In the new version, newsletter can be sent to multiple email groups.
- You will also be able to send the attachments with the newsletter.
- Unsubscribe link is optional now
New Calendar and Date Picker
- Get a more crisp view of calendar and events.
- Date picker also has been updated in the version.
Summernote Text Editor
- We have also integrated Summernote text editor in the ERPNext. It has many tools to create better texts.
Export report in Excel format
- Reports can now also be exported in Excel format.
If you want to learn about the features in more detail with screenshots, please visit ERPNext Version 8 Features Page.
Thanks to all the community members for your active participation on the development of this version. Without your inputs / suggestions to build the features, testing/bug reporting on the develop branch, we could not deliver this version. Please continue your support in the form of any manner.
Pro-tip: If your production instance is in
developbranch, and you want to switch to
master, this is the right time to switch, as master and develop branch are in the same position now.