[Announcement] Launching Frappe School

Hi Everyone!

Happy to announce the launch of Frappe School!

Frappe School makes learning ERPNext and Frappe framework easy, fun, and effective. It has courses with videos, quizzes, exercises. Certificates are shareable and verifiable too!

Read more about Frappe School in this blog.

We hope this will help all the stakeholders and unleash the power of open-source software.

Thoughts and feedbacks are welcome!

46 Likes

Whoa !!!. Long-awaited, Hope this will continue to cater to the needs of all stakeholders.

4 Likes

Wow! that is an LMS!

3 Likes

Hi! I get an error when trying to set a password.
Username can only contain alphabets, numbers and unedrscore. even when I enter a valid password.

File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/community/community/overrides/user.py", line 13, in validate
    self.validate_username_characters()
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/community/community/overrides/user.py", line 42, in validate_username_characters
    frappe.throw(_("Username can only contain alphabets, numbers and unedrscore."))
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 439, in throw
    msgprint(msg, raise_exception=exc, title=title, indicator='red', is_minimizable=is_minimizable, wide=wide, as_list=as_list)
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 418, in msgprint
    _raise_exception()
  File "/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/__init__.py", line 372, in _raise_exception
    raise raise_exception(msg)
frappe.exceptions.ValidationError: Username can only contain alphabets, numbers and unedrscore.

Wow ! Enrolled , Courses are still to be uploaded or locked , is it free or paid , how to get access all courses ?

1 Like

Check FAQ section in this link About Us

1 Like

Hey, this is working fine for me. Can you please try once again and verify that you are entering the right password.

1 Like

This is awesome :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

@LarryDevops something interesting from frappe

2 Likes

This is awesome!!! Great job. Will enroll and go through… asap.

2 Likes

So great! Will this LMS will be updated to Education module in ERP Next?

2 Likes

No. The Education module in ERPNext is meant more for professional institutes like schools/universities where as Frappe School is more of a Udemy like platform where frappe/erpnext courses would be published.

4 Likes

Hi

I have already enrolled and have started some of the courses.

One question : on which version is the trainng-material based on. Im guessing V13 ?

Thanks

All the upcoming courses are on v13. Some of the existing courses are on older version though.

3 Likes

Do you plan to publish the app itself (even if it is not part of the ERPNext education module but e.g. an external app)?

This would be interesting to us so we could use it e.g. for company internal training or even to offer digital courses to our customers.

2 Likes

The app is already open-source. GitHub - frappe/lms: Easy to Use, Open Source Learning Management System

2 Likes

Are you open to community contributions?
For example, if I have some basic knowledge and can invest time in creating material/content - would you support in hosting or templates?

1 Like

This is fabulous, thank you!

2 Likes

Yes, absolutely!

Please send an email with details about the course you would like to create school@frappe.io

2 Likes