Allocation of leaves in the mid of a leave period

Hi,

I am in the process of migrating to ERPNext. I am starting my entries from 1-4-2020 which is the start of a new FY for us. But our employee holidays and leaves are set for a calendar year.

How can I enter opening leave balance as of 1-4-2020 on the system for various leave types - Casual Leaves, Sick Leaves, Earned Leaves - etc. ? Because some of the employees have used some leaves between 1-1-2020 and 31-3-2020 and some of the employees have credits accrued on earned leaves from previous years…

Please support
Regards

@Jasir_Sabri
Hi,

You can do this via leave allocation. Whatever your opening leave balance is put that figure in new leaves allocated section along with a start and end date as shown in the image below:

Regards,
Reema

1 Like

Thanks for your prompt response.

That could be a nice solution for those leaves that doesnt’t carry forward from one period to the next.
How about Earned Leaves that can be carried forward ?

Example: As per leave policy, an employee will be assigned 12 earned leaves (one per month) during a leave period. If there’s an employee who has 5 Earned Leaves on credit from the previous leave period, he/she should have these 5 as credit on 1-1-2020 (My ERPNext data starts only from 1-4-2020). How to handle this solution? Because, when i try to allocate 17.5 from 1-4-2020-31-12-2020, it says that i can’t allocate more that what’s specified on the leave policy, which is 12.

Regards

I solved this issue. Entered ‘24’ in Max. allowed leaves under leave type → Earned Leave (as shown in the screenshot below)

And while allocating earned leaves, entered total earned leaves in credit under ‘New Leaves allocated’ (as show in the screenshot below)