Administrator Error

Hi all,
I checkout latest wnframework version, I tried to run "python cgi-bin/webnotes/install_lib/install.py mysql-root-user mysql-root-password database-name" but I ran into this error
me…@metalbig-pad:/var/www/wnframework/wnframework/v170/cgi-bin$ python webnotes/install_lib/install.py root kakarot Framework

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "webnotes/install_lib/install.py", line 119, in <module>
from webnotes import defs
File "webnotes/init.py", line 220, in <module>

setup_logging()
File "webnotes/init.py", line 213, in setup_logging
log_handler = logging.handlers.RotatingFileHandler(defs.log_file_name, maxBytes = defs.log_file_size, backupCount = defs.log_file_backup_count)

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/logging/handlers.py", line 112, in init
BaseRotatingHandler.init(self, filename, mode, encoding, delay)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/logging/handlers.py", line 64, in init

logging.FileHandler.init(self, filename, mode, encoding, delay)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/logging/init.py", line 827, in init
StreamHandler.init(self, self._open())
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/logging/init.py", line 846, in _open

stream = open(self.baseFilename, self.mode)
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/www/wnframework/wnframework/v170/cgi-bin/logs/error_log.txt'

so what I did is I created a user, database, granted all privileges and import the Framework.sql.

When I tried to navigate into www-wnframework-path I get this refer screenshot-1.png error. when I login I get the this screen refer screenshot.png.

Cheers,
Ranjith Kumar K,

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Web Notes Framework Forum” group.

To post to this group, send email to wn...@googlegroups.com.

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to wnframework+un...@googlegroups.com.

For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/wnframework?hl=en.

Hi Ranjit,

You can either comment out the logging in defs.py or you will have to give permissions to the logs folder to allow to create the log files.

- Rushabh

On Apr 17, 2011, at 8:09 AM, Ranjith Kumar wrote:

Hi all,
    I checkout latest wnframework version, I tried to run "python cgi-bin/webnotes/install_lib/install.py mysql-root-user  mysql-root-password database-name" but I ran into this error
me...@metalbig-pad:/var/www/wnframework/wnframework/v170/cgi-bin$ python webnotes/install_lib/install.py root kakarot Framework
    from webnotes import defs
  File "webnotes/__init__.py", line 220, in <module>
    setup_logging()
  File "webnotes/__init__.py", line 213, in setup_logging
    log_handler = logging.handlers.RotatingFileHandler(defs.log_file_name, maxBytes = defs.log_file_size, backupCount = defs.log_file_backup_count)   
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/logging/handlers.py", line 112, in __init__
    BaseRotatingHandler.__init__(self, filename, mode, encoding, delay)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/logging/handlers.py", line 64, in __init__
    logging.FileHandler.__init__(self, filename, mode, encoding, delay)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/logging/__init__.py", line 827, in __init__
    StreamHandler.__init__(self, self._open())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/logging/__init__.py", line 846, in _open
    stream = open(self.baseFilename, self.mode)
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/www/wnframework/wnframework/v170/cgi-bin/logs/error_log.txt'

so what I did is I created a user, database, granted all privileges and import the Framework.sql.

When I tried to navigate into www-wnframework-path I get this refer screenshot-1.png error. when I login I get the this screen refer screenshot.png.

--
Cheers,
Ranjith Kumar K,

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Web Notes Framework Forum" group.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to wnframework+un...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/wnframework?hl=en.
<error_log.txt><Screenshot.png><Screenshot-1.png>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
erpnext

World's most affordable ERP - Rs 299/user/month

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Web Notes Framework Forum” group.

Hi Ranjith,

You can either create a dummy error_log.txt file for the first time. Or do an svn update. it will create the file automatically now.

==============================================

Anand Jeyahar
http://in.linkedin.com/in/anandjeyahar

https://sites.google.com/site/anandjeyahar/

==============================================
The man who is really serious,
with the urge to find out what truth is,
has no style at all. He lives only in what is.
~Bruce Lee

On 17 April 2011 10:20, Rushabh Mehta <rm…@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Ranjit,

You can either comment out the logging in defs.py or you will have to give permissions to the logs folder to allow to create the log files.

- Rushabh

On Apr 17, 2011, at 8:09 AM, Ranjith Kumar wrote:

Hi all,
I checkout latest wnframework version, I tried to run "python cgi-bin/webnotes/install_lib/install.py mysql-root-user mysql-root-password database-name" but I ran into this error

me…@metalbig-pad:/var/www/wnframework/wnframework/v170/cgi-bin$ python webnotes/install_lib/install.py root kakarot Framework

from webnotes import defs<br>  File &quot;webnotes/__init__.py&quot;, line 220, in &lt;module&gt;<br>     setup_logging()<br>  File &quot;webnotes/__init__.py&quot;, line 213, in setup_logging<br>    log_handler = logging.handlers.RotatingFileHandler(defs.log_file_name, maxBytes = defs.log_file_size, backupCount = defs.log_file_backup_count)    <br>

File "/usr/lib/python2.6/logging/handlers.py", line 112, in init
BaseRotatingHandler.init(self, filename, mode, encoding, delay)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/logging/handlers.py", line 64, in init

logging.FileHandler.__init__(self, filename, mode, encoding, delay)<br>  File &quot;/usr/lib/python2.6/logging/__init__.py&quot;, line 827, in __init__<br>    StreamHandler.__init__(self, self._open())<br>  File &quot;/usr/lib/python2.6/logging/__init__.py&quot;, line 846, in _open<br>

stream = open(self.baseFilename, self.mode)<br>IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: &#39;/var/www/wnframework/wnframework/v170/cgi-bin/logs/error_log.txt&#39;<br><br>so what I did is I created a user, database, granted all privileges and import the Framework.sql.<br>

Cheers,
Ranjith Kumar K,

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Web Notes Framework Forum" group.

To post to this group, send email to wn…@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to wnframework+un…@googlegroups.com.

<error_log.txt><Screenshot.png><Screenshot-1.png>

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

erpnext

World's most affordable ERP - Rs 299/user/month

To post to this group, send email to wn…@googlegroups.com.

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to wnframework+un…@googlegroups.com.

Hi,

Anand I was trying it on latest version. I have commented out the logging line in defs.py, Now i get this error,

webnotes/db.py:117: Warning: Unknown table '__DocTypeCache'

self._cursor.execute(query)
File "webnotes/install_lib/install.py", line 134, in <module>
password = options.password, verbose = 1)
File "webnotes/install_lib/install.py", line 91, in import_from_db
self.framework_cleanups(target)
File "webnotes/install_lib/install.py", line 42, in framework_cleanups
self.conn.sql("update tabProfile set password = password('admin') where name='Administrator'")
File "webnotes/db.py", line 117, in sql
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/MySQLdb/cursors.py", line 166, in execute
self.errorhandler(self, exc, value)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/MySQLdb/connections.py", line 35, in defaulterrorhandler
raise errorclass, errorvalue
_mysql_exceptions.ProgrammingError: (1146, "Table 'wndataz.tabProfile' doesn't exist")

So I created a dummy database and imported Framework.Sql directly I get same patch error. still the left side tab is not showing up.

--
Cheers,
Ranjith Kumar K,

On 17 April 2011 18:01, Ranjith Kumar <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

Anand I was trying it on latest version. I have commented out the logging line in defs.py, Now i get this error,

You needn't comment out logging line in defs.py. It should work with that too.

webnotes/db.py:117: Warning: Unknown table '__DocTypeCache'
File "webnotes/install_lib/install.py", line 134, in <module>
password = options.password, verbose = 1)
File "webnotes/install_lib/install.py", line 91, in import_from_db
self.framework_cleanups(target)
File "webnotes/install_lib/install.py", line 42, in framework_cleanups
self.conn.sql("update tabProfile set password = password('admin') where name='Administrator'")
File "webnotes/db.py", line 117, in sql
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/MySQLdb/cursors.py", line 166, in execute
self.errorhandler(self, exc, value)
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/MySQLdb/connections.py", line 35, in defaulterrorhandler
raise errorclass, errorvalue
_mysql_exceptions.ProgrammingError: (1146, "Table 'wndataz.tabProfile' doesn't exist")

So I created a dummy database and imported Framework.Sql directly I get same patch error. still the left side tab is not showing up.

I am not able to simulate that error here.
please make sure the table tabProfile is in the database and confirm.

Thanks and Regards,

Anand Jeyahar

Hi Anand,

I tried both ways the error_logs.txt was already created automatically, and as Metha suggested I tried commenting out the logging. This is the I created a dummy databases and imported Framework.sql. Still it not fully functional.

Cheers,
Ranjith Kumar K,

Hi all,
The issue is database is not creating properly.

--
Cheers,
Ranjith Kumar K,