Add js file in view

Hello,

could someone explain me steps to include js file in some view?
If i need to write app with doctype could you please provide me steps from the console line.

The tutorial explains lots for eg this https://frappe.io/docs/user/en/tutorial/form-client-scripting

Another discussion that may help on embedded javascript for event handlers Learning Javascript for ERPNext

Thanks for reply @clarkej , this help me to understand many things but not what i wan’t. I need i custom script option for pos. I didn’t find thllmlerpnext. Second solution is acording to that what i read is creating app(doctype). Creating app for one script is not what i wan’t. Third solution is to work in core what is not good. There is also missing hooks for pos.
Conclution: too complicated for one.js integration. If you know some other way that i did’t mention please let me know.

Better informed folks have replied to you here [POS] Custom script in point of sale

I am somewhat of a novice and know only enough to be dangerous, so I will defer to those experts…

So … basically I know the partial answer to your question if you have a custom app .

Assume that you want to include … a JQuery plugin.

1. To create the folder: myapp/myapp/public/js/whatevername.js

2. Update hook.py , app_include_js = “/assets/newmatik/js/whatevername.js”

3. Paste the code from the plug into whatevername.js

4. bench build and BOOMMM , plugin is now available to to desk …

2 Likes

How can i make that sales order load myfile.js without using custom script in backend, or to add buton without using custom script?

Please create myfile.js in public->js->myfile.js and add that file to
doctype_js = {“Sales Order” : “public/js/myfile.js”} in hooks.py
you can write javascript code in myfile.js

1 Like