Accounts Payable Displays Wrong Data

Hi,

I just got an email from customer that Accounts Payable is showing Accounts Receivable and I could not believe it almost said not possible but thought to check it and sure enough.

This is really strange but most of all may put off the customer who had recommended my next 2 clients.

I really urge that we prioritize stability over new features because that is what will keep us in business.

Anyway, what could be the issue. I could update and I will but help me understand a possible cause to this please.

ERPNext: v8.11.0 (master)
Frappe Framework: v8.10.0 (master)

Thanks

So what is wrong? The number or the fact that is A/P and A/R are switched? Would you think of a possibility that your set up might be wrong? There are 1000s of people using ERPNext and no one has complained about such a serious “bug” (if it was one as opposed to a configuration error)

Hi @Deepak_Pai,

Thanks for the interest and response.

So what is wrong?
This is my question actually since it seems strange.

The number or the fact that is A/P and A/R are switched?
If you are referring to version numbers they always help in diagnosing issues but basically the problem is the wrong data display.

Why would A/R appear in A/P strange occurrence. Since these target different master and transaction data

Would you think of a possibility that your set up might be wrong?
I am open to suggestion that’s why I am pointing out this here - it is the right place I believe.

There are 1000s of people using ERPNext and no one has complained about such a serious “bug” (if it was one as opposed to a configuration error).
Thanks I know this too well already and I also know a bug when I see one. Even if it were because of some configuration error as you put it would still be a bug i.e. software produces a wrong or unexpected result.

Any ideas pal on how to fix this?

Regards,

I have also noted a behaviour where some reports A/P included show this error in console.

Unable to handle success response → desk.min.js:1473:4

When this happens no data is shown in grid but A/P loads A/R data if I loaded A/R first otherwise it is just blank as well.

I have run commands below without any success in resolving this issue:

bench migrate
bench build
bench clear-cache
bench clear-website-cache
bench restart

Can you share screen shots of the problem? Also, try to clear browser cache.

Hi @Pawan

I have cleared the browser cache but no effect.

See the screen shot below:

Could you also point what part of screen shot is wrong? Not sure if the console is adding any value to the sceen-shot. I dont understand so not sure if there is something in the console to look for. Best

Are you navigating to the report using the search bar? or some other way?

All navigation links result in the same problem so clearly it is linked to the desk.min.js issue as I do not see the error when loading A/R.

…one of the demo sites has no issue with A/P display so again a little strange that it is not across all sites.

So finally I have the data showing but here’s the bug behaviour as I have seen it.

First, the were no Purchase Invoice entries so A/P should have been showing blank but for some strange reason if A/P report does not find the Purchase Invoices it returns A/R data instead.

After making a Purchasing Invoice and submitting it now the A/P is shown and not A/R data. I Cancelled and Deleted the Purchase Invoice and sure enough the same buggy behaviour returns.

Note: I have already upgraded to latest v9 but this did not resolve the issue.

Any idea who should receive heads up on this to fix?

You can raise a GitHub issue here

:wink: Arghh…indeed that’s rather obvious :slight_smile: so it’s done https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/10938

Thanks @Pawan

I think this issue is similar to Issue with Account Receivable and Payable Report. · Issue #10856 · frappe/erpnext · GitHub