Account Balance are out of sync

Hi, I keep getting below massage, please help me to solve this issue,

this issue started after updating to ERPNext: v13.3.0 (version-13)

**Stock Value (XXXX880.81) and Account Balance (XXXX909.31) are out of sync for account STOCKS IN HAND and it’s linked warehouses as on 2021-06-03.

Please create an adjustment Journal Entry for amount -28.5 on 2021-06-03

Hi Rifaz,

Welcome to the ERPNext community. Here’s hoping you have a great experience here on the community and on ERPNext.

Did you trying doing that the message is asking you to do? You may have to turn off perpetual inventory, make the Journal Entry and then turn on perpetual inventory again. That may solve your problem.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay

per my opinion, this kind of check should be done during period end closing by financial people other than per transaction (each posted stock ledger and general ledger) on a daily basis by business user.

Hi JayRam,

Thanks for the response, I have tried this it worked and, I got the same message again after 2 days with a different amount.

Please help on this, Am I missing something on the configuration?

Hi Rifaz,

I’m really not sure. This could be a round off error that could be resulting in these imbalances. Or there could be something else at play here. Please try and figure out what the issue could be. Take a report of the General Ledger of the account and examine the report to see what’s going on.

Did you have Perpetual Inventory off and did you turn that on after you made a few transactions?

Thanks

Jay

Hi JayRam,

Yes, I have turned off Perpetual Inventory.

Have checked General Ledger and 563.27 is another adjustment Journal Entry we have made to correct the issue. I’m not sure from where this big deferent is coming from.

Must be coming from stock entry.
Check all the entries in stock ledger and match it with general ledger stock accounts.

You will find the issue.

Turing perpetual inventory on and off is a big deal. Especially turning perpetual inventory on. Then, the stock valuations for the warehouses have to match with the accounting books and that’s where you could possibly having the problem. Take the stock balance report, run a pivot to compute the valuation of stocks for each stock account you have associated with your warehouses and ensure that the balance in these accounts are synched up. Make entries to synch it up and then turn on perpetual inventory after ensuring you have completed all entries prior to the datetime when you turn on perpetual inventory as if you turn on perpetual inventory and then try to make back dated entries ERPNext may expect the balances in the stock accounts to match on the datetime the backdated transactions are being made.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Jay

This problem is resulted from some GLE (General Ledger Entries) are not equal to the relevant SLE (Stock Ledger Entries), therefore the stock balance in Stock Module and stock account in Accounts module are not matched.

There is a report called “Stock and Account Value Comparison”
This report is supposed to view the differences of vouchers value in Stock and Accounts

Then, please create Repost Item Valuation enteries manually for the mismatched entries and then the problem will be solved

As I know, Frappe team are working on solving this problem by making the system itself define the entries and make the repost entries automatically