/sites there is a directory
/assets. In it there are css, js, etc.
The sites are using these as common assets.
Now, I wonder if I can:
- create an app to hold custom css and js (let’s call it “common_app”)
- minify them (by putting the links to build.json)
- then add the minified links to other apps’ hooks (which this app is installed to sites).
- without installing the common_app to the sites.
So basically this common_app only acts as css and js minified generator.
Example use case:
- create a theme app (the “common_app”) with all the css and js.
- but without having to install this theme app to sites.
- just install a “link-app” (which holds the link to the minified css and js in
/assets/js) to sites. Or put the links in other custom app installed.
The objective is less payload to install.
What is the caveat and what to consider?