What is this? Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:

All i have done is run the easy setup ver 7 on centos no customization of files this is what i get wen i try to run bench update:
Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:
bench/patches/v4/update_node.py
playbooks/develop/ubuntu.yml

There’s a conflict with your code and the repository’s code.

Try this:

Permissions are a huge problem with ERPNext which is why we need a step by step manual. I fought with Ubuntu for over a month gave up and went to Centos which seems that its working until it isn’t. I want to run bench update and followed the link above and once again permissions issues and where the heck is the frappe password in ver 7 because every command ask for it but there is no password.txt the documents speak of? i have been involved with aps over 20 years it would be nice if the forum stops trying to troubleshoot each problem individually and formulates as consistent system of checks and balances, more importantly documentation… I can read and follow instructions but having to post logs every time there is an error is a real waste of the talent here…i could really sell and support the growth of this product if it worked consistently and there was accurate documentation…I’m willing to help but i need a working baseline product to start with and i have yet to achieve all expected functions working no mater the os or vm.

@imllc the issue isn’t with Frappe/ERPNext, it has to do with git.

bench update goes through each repo and executes git pull based on the upstream repo. If you have local non-committed changes, it’ll abort rather than create merge conflicts. You have to go in and either commit your local changes if you want to keep them, or delete them.

Ok i don’t believe i have made and customizations this is a brand new install an I’m running centos not Ubuntu what would these to files been edited by?

I can’t tell you what could have changed the files.

If you go into the bench folder you can run:

git checkout -- .

to reset all unstaged files.

frappe-bench]$ git checkout – .
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
this was an easy install whats going on here?

You need to use the git checkout --. command in each git repository that you want to reset.

Git repositores:

cd ~/.bench
cd ~/frappe-bench/apps/frappe
cd ~/frappe-bench/apps/erpnext

You don’t need to reset all the folders, just the ones that report unsaved changes. Presuming you don’t want to save those changes.