What is the limit on number of Items in ERPNext?

Thanks for this answer. I think we will want to circumvent this problem then.

Thanks for sharing @dhananjay. I think your performance will improve with V11! Excited to see the results once you move to it.

2 Likes

Do u have probs opening documents (invoices, receipt) with 2000+ items?

The answer to that is No

We have over 30,000 items in our database and have seen no performance issues at all

Regards

1 Like

we dont run the test with million items, but we tested with around 50K items.

we did two experiments.

1. with Item code as integer
  2. Item Code as item name

and items with item_code as integer was quite efficient. consider it while importing to ERPNext

I don’t have a single transaction with more than 150 items.

@adnan @olamide_shodunke i do not mean total number of item in db, i mean a document (sales invoice, sales order, receipt) with 1500+ item in child table

in this case, i tested documents with 800 items in stock entry and purchase receipts. it’s working fine if against each entry there are only 2 or 3 GL entries. but if there are more GL entries, against each entry, you’ll face Request Time Out.

More GL Entries are due to different Warehouse, Cost Center etc…

this is my experience on that:

https://github.com/frappe/erpnext/issues/12267

Why don’t you use the Api to import product rather then the native import. We have been able to get 100K products pretty easily, we can also bulk update things like price, name and so on through the API.

2 Likes

I am facing issues with importing 1000 products in ERPNext through excel import

What error message do you get ?

can I chat with you on Skype? I am trying to setup a fresh database with data. The errors are:

{“messages”: [{“message”: "
Row 1: An Reorder entry already exists for this warehouse None

", “row”: 21, “link”: “desk#Form/Error%20Log/1d1de4fe67”, “indicator”: “red”, “title”: “Error for row 2133-0492-1020”}, {“message”: "

", “row”: 22, “link”: “desk#Form/Error%20Log/cdd4d9b3da”, “indicator”: “red”, “title”: “Error for row 1690-0374-0370”}, {“message”: "

", “row”: 23, “link”: “desk#Form/Error%20Log/cea74b67ab”, “indicator”: “red”, “title”: “Error for row 1871-0311-1337”}, {“message”: "

", “row”: 24, “link”: “desk#Form/Error%20Log/3bb30975e1”, “indicator”: “red”, “title”: “Error for row 2780-0376-1373”}, {“message”: "

", “row”: 25, “link”: “desk#Form/Error%20Log/96a51ecda0”, “indicator”: “red”, “title”: “Error for row 2313-0276-0926”}, {“message”: "

", “row”: 26, “link”: “desk#Form/Error%20Log/9651b7b294”, “indicator”: “red”, “title”: “Error for row 1739-0347-0627”}, {“message”: "

", “row”: 27, “link”: “desk#Form/Error%20Log/04bcf51c0d”, “indicator”: “red”, “title”: “Error for row 1739-0347-0626”}, {“message”: "

", “row”: 28, “link”: “desk#Form/Error%20Log/98826add9a”, “indicator”: “red”, “title”: “Error for row 1739-0347-0625”}, {“message”: "

My Skype is sumitarora6

The message indicates that you’ve added multiple rows in the “auto-reorder” table and have most likely not provided the warehouse where it needs to check for the quantity.

Would be best if you can start a new thread for this.

Should the Warehouse be called “Stores” or “Stores - WC” ?

Stores is a default warehouse generated from the system. Map the warehouse name as per your requirement. It would be best to first create an item entry via the UI, and then export the same via data import. It will provide a reference of how the data is supposed to be entered in the template:

https://erpnext.com/docs/user/manual/en/setting-up/data/data-import

I highly recommend using .csv instead of .xlsx for imports - I posted this a while back documenting my experience - hopefully it is of some use

We’re running with a very high number of item records in ERPNext without any performance problems now. That has proved to be no problem at all. We do have something like half a million right now. @Mario_Truss probably has the correct number. But I remember that our developers ran a test with multiple millions of items and the system would still be fast. Does not seem to be a big issue.

We are using the API though. No XLS or CSV imports here …

2 Likes

We have 80 Serialized item. Every month around 100,000 item will be entered as serial number. Will it be a good solution of using ERPNext Serial No features.