VM is under a pause state - refuses to unpause!?

vagrant%20error

I’m running on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and virtual box 5.1.30, when i issued the command “Vagrant up” it would show this error. I’ve been searching for solution for quite some time, I still can’t find the solution for this

This is my VagrantFile configuration ;

#-- mode: ruby --
#vi: set ft=ruby :

#All Vagrant configuration is done below. The “2” in Vagrant.configure
#configures the configuration version (we support older styles for
#backwards compatibility). Please don’t change it unless you know what
#you’re doing.
Vagrant.configure(“2”) do |config|
#The most common configuration options are documented and commented below.
#For a complete reference, please see the online documentation at
#https://docs.vagrantup.com.

#Every Vagrant development environment requires a box. You can search for
#boxes at https://atlas.hashicorp.com/search.
config.vm.box = “erp_v9_001”
config.ssh.username = “frappe”
config.ssh.password = “frappe”

#Create a forwarded port mapping which allows access to a specific port
#within the machine from a port on the host machine. In the example below,
#accessing “localhost:8080” will access port 80 on the guest machine.
#config.vm.network “forwarded_port”, guest: 80, host: 8080
config.vm.network “forwarded_port”, guest: 8000, host: 8080
config.vm.network “forwarded_port”, guest: 3000, host: 3000

#Create a private network, which allows host-only access to the machine
#using a specific IP.
config.vm.network “private_network”, ip: “192.168.50.5”

#Create a public network, which generally matched to bridged network.
#Bridged networks make the machine appear as another physical device on
#your network.
#config.vm.network “public_network”

#Share an additional folder to the guest VM. The first argument is
#the path on the host to the actual folder. The second argument is
#the path on the guest to mount the folder. And the optional third
#argument is a set of non-required options.
#config.vm.synced_folder “.”, “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/”

config.vm.provider “virtualbox” do |vb|

Display the VirtualBox GUI when booting the machine

vb.gui = true

###Change network card to PCnet-FAST III
#bench or NAT adapter
vb.customize [“modifyvm”, :id, “–nictype1”, “Am79C973”]
#For host-only adapter
vb.customize [“modifyvm”, :id, “–nictype2”, “Am79C973”]
#Customize the amount of memory on the VM:
vb.memory = “2048”
end

end

I am not VB or Vagrant literate but fwiw had the same stuck VM state problem with KVM qemu -

A VM refused to unpause and the root cause was the host was out of disk space!

https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37426

https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=45109
One reason I can think of: Host runs out of disk space or RAM. Those are reasons for a VM to pause without intervention. You will know for sure when you check the logs. Right click the VM, then you can view it’s log.

Ahh, I see but my virtual box may have a lot more space to spare, anyway thanks so much for the info I’ll try to look into it.

Just to be clear on the distinction here - whereas the VM has say X Gbytes allocated to it to consume, also of course the underlying host OS must also have sufficient X+Y GBytes of disk space available too - the latter was the space problem in my case.

How can I solved this problem? Because I’ve already try to make a new Host OS with increasing the disk space and I still run into this error when i try to run my vagrant.

My understanding is when the Hypervisor cannot provision the required ram and storage resources it pauses/suspends the VM to prevent damage to the VM image.

Use basic cause and effect troubleshooting practice - change a suspect setting and be sure to check logs to confirm the result and effect to question and learn.

Also try divide and conquer experiments - since Vagrant (or Docker etc) are involved to provision resources, remove them your problem context, to identify whether that is the problem source.

Of course to duplicate the problem is essential to confirm whether a given environment is the problem source: If the identical problem occurs in a separate instance, you know that you are not the source the problem!

Certainly search engines and forums are troves of learning gems.

Persistence pays off with much learning and of course that is work.

best wishes and let us know how it goes

I followed this URL to setup the development which i got from another forum some succeed following the guide but for me i kept running into few error due to the version of app and software i installed in the ubuntu. Thanks for the replied I’ll try to look for other solution.

Yes my suggestion is, for your first time at least, to use Easy Install found here GitHub - frappe/bench: CLI to manage Multi-tenant deployments for Frappe apps

And avoid VM or Vagrant or Docker etc install path options unless you already have
mastered these tools, otherwise you compound your learning when you don’t need that additional overhead.

Yeah I’ve done that I even setup the localhost and SQL and login to the ERPNext site using local host. They were no error when i set up frappe then only i set up vagrant, vm and vagrantfile then i started getting error.