View Accounts Receivable/Payable in different currency

My default currency for Accounts Receivable is USD, but my main currency is GHS. However, when I look at Account Receivable Summary it only show the amount converted to GHS (not the default currency USD of the Receivable Account). So this is a good feature to add on ERPNext to help review the accounts better
Thanks

Please check below link , I think this will help.

https://erpnext.org/docs/user/manual/en/accounts/multi-currency-accounting

@Salmanmulani: Thank you for your support. It is showing USD with each customer, but the general payable account is showing in company currency GHS.

Hello, have the same problem with this. How to show different currency in Accounts Payable?

According to the link the only valid work around is setting up two Customers,
I think this is perceived to be a work around and not a solution.

Can someone elaborate more about why it is designed in that way?
Is there any Limitation or accounting regulation against having it be set otherwise?

I do have problems with this, there’s no formal restriction in accounting stardards to prevent you to link an party to many accounts receivable.

But erpnext enforces that, I really didn’t know why, it’s like that since the begnning, and now it act’s like an way to be of ERPNext.

But for example, this is one restriction that complete prevent ERPNext to be compliant with Brazilian SPED (Brazilian Electronical Standards for Accounting and Reporting), since here, we need to register many types of accounts receivables/payables in they target account, with the respective party involved in the transaction.

@nabinhait I think you are the prof. to talk to about this issue,

Any ideas about why this limitation is imposed in the first place and what does it take to support Such scenario.

Hello @meaziz @nabinhait

Unfortunately, ERPNext enforces that a party must handle just one currency at time. Actually if you pretend for example to link a party in a transaction with a currency different from the used from its creation, you will get an Exception, since you can’t mix.

Its part of ERPNext logic. I don’t agree either. I think we must be able to handle as many currencies we need for each party, mostly for multi-currency countries/companies. My workaround was create as many parties (customers, suppliers) currencies I need:

Customer A-USD
Customer A-EUR

And so on.

Thanks,

Alirio.