Using Cloud version to upload data and getting TypeError: __init__() keywords must be strings

I am trying to upload new Items with a CSV file and I keep getting this error on each line (149). I have tried deleting some columns without success. Is it because I deleted mandatory headings that I do not have data for like attributes etc.?

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/frappe/benches/bench-2018-12-24/apps/frappe/frappe/core/doctype/data_import/importer.py”, line 394, in upload
doc = frappe.get_doc(doc)
File “/home/frappe/benches/bench-2018-12-24/apps/frappe/frappe/init.py”, line 709, in get_doc
doc = frappe.model.document.get_doc(*args, **kwargs)
File “/home/frappe/benches/bench-2018-12-24/apps/frappe/frappe/model/document.py”, line 69, in get_doc
return controller(*args, **kwargs)
TypeError: init() keywords must be strings

Thank you

Hey can you try this solution from @szufisher here on this Github issue:

I am having the same error message when uploading sales order with only required columns moment ago,
per the web browser console error log, one of the field as key is passed to the Python init() method is none which caused the failure, to be more specific, for uploading records from child table, at least two columns should be kept, on row 14 one field specify the child table doc type, and the other define the field name(child table) in the master table, for my sales order case, I removed the original column N, which caused the items field (key) missing.
column M column N
row 14 Sales Order Item items

if the above solution is confirmed OK, would like to suggest add one more note into the import template as following
if you are uploading child table records, at least two columns which defines the child table doc type and field name in master table on row 14 should be kept

I found that there were undeleted lines of data in my spreadsheet that were below the area I could see on the screen and by deleting them I was able to successfully upload the data. You really have to be careful about how the file is constructed especially if you are using the ERPNEXT hosted site.

Thank you for your response.

1 Like