Upgrading earlier verions v4,5,6,7 to current (WORKING)

So, we’re working on upgrading erpnext v4 (data) to current, I have a v6 in place as a ‘proxy’ of sorts. I’m working with @bobzz_zone; we are going to attempt this crucial upgrade for my oldest client. I’ll post the steps, in case we still have people coming from that far back who need this. I’ll post updates. We’ll ultimately leap to v10, It looks doable.

This is very good when you cannot make a framework and apps upgrade like in this case: v4 to 9

UPDATE

Yes!! it worked, refer also to my post: Upgrading ERPNext Version 6-9

1. Take sqldump of running old version; so mysqldump -u root -p databasename

hot tips: if you’re using a vm, you may have a hard time getting your files into the host to copy into another vm, here are your options. use 7zip to extract old vmdk files(works magically), head to the location of the dump and copy it.

if you have GUI in your Ubuntu or CentOS, upload this to onedrive, google drive etc, then download in vm, or put on a share and use wget; like so: wget “http://link_to_file”

1. Restore database using source and new database method, update site_config.js
  2. Then you can do bench update --reset, or bench migrate.

Other things you need will be in this post Upgrading ERPNext Version 6-9

1 Like

All the best! I successfully did an upgrade from V6 to V10 with a lot of kind assistance from @rohit_w

Cheers

So, we’re working on upgrading erpnext v4 (data) to current, I have a v6 in place as a ‘proxy’ of sorts. I’m working with @bobzz_zone; we are going to attempt this crucial upgrade for my oldest client. I’ll post the steps, in case we still have people coming from that far back who need this. I’ll post updates. We’ll ultimately leap to v10, It looks doable.

This is very good when you cannot make a framework and apps upgrade like in this case: v4 to 9

UPDATE

Yes!! it worked, refer also to my post: Upgrading ERPNext Version 6-9

1. Take sqldump of running old version; so mysqldump -u root -p databasename

hot tips: if you’re using a vm, you may have a hard time getting your files into the host to copy into another vm, here are your options. use 7zip to extract old vmdk files(works magically), head to the location of the dump and copy it.

if you have GUI in your Ubuntu or CentOS, upload this to onedrive, google drive etc, then download in vm, or put on a share and use wget; like so: wget “http://link_to_file”

1. Restore database using source and new database method, update site_config.js
  2. Then you can do bench update --reset, or bench migrate.

Other things you need will be in this post Upgrading ERPNext Version 6-9