Translate for Brasilian language (Offline)

Hello…

After many time, I finnaly put on my frappe dev.
I’m from Brazil, and I have some doubt sbout translation.

First: I check on site, there is a option for translate, but it’s incomplete, and I do not have karma for fix. If someone translate, How could I update?

Second: How could I translate offline? I have some fixs to do (Make) In brazil it’s sounds like “Criar” (Make a new) “Criar novo”.

Thank you

Jonas, i want to help you, but i just sign up, and i gonna read the tutoriais and posts in this forum.

Nice, you can add me on skype: jonasreichel.

You can help by fixing / verifying translations here:

https://frappe.io/translator

We update translations from here very 2 weeks or so.

I can’t help because I have 0 of karma. I really need to change some MAIN fields.

Make a new = Criar um novo
Make = Criar

Add filter = Adicionar filtro.

Without that I cant really use in Portuguese, I’m trying to implement on my company.
For that reason I would like to know if I can translate offline.

Thanks

Can you fix the other texts until we can fix this.

Ok, but how?

Directly in code?

https://frappe.io/translator

Just avoid the ones that are already “verified” there are more than 4000 messages to translate

Alright.

But I do not have Karma to translate (Make → Criar and Make a new → Criar novo(a)).

Can you do that?

I think I verified that wrong.

Get someone to verify 100 of your translations - that way you can become an editor. From our end, its really hard to verify how good the translations are, hence the system.

Please continue translating other texts.

Sure, I’m translating right know, I just want to get a permission for translate some things :smiley:.

Thank

Hello there, I’m from Brazil too, and I just get to know about ERPNext, and I’m liking a lot, I’d like to become a contributor with translations and any effort I can help.

EI Jonas e todos os outros brasileiros aqui. É possivel criar um grupo para que a gente discuta a tradução pt-BR? Eu mantenho contato com um brasileiro que está implantando e traduzinho o ERPNExt na própria empresa, e só hoje vi que há este post. Seria interessante termos um local para reunir as discussões e as informações sobre a tradução.

Hi all! Olá a todos!

Even though there are already some nice translations entries in Brazilian Portuguese, the overall translation in a bad shape - to the point it makes ERPNext unusable for many corporations (mine included).

This creates a Catch 22: to correct the wrong verified translations I need people to verify mine, but not many people in Brazil use ERPNext in part due to the bad translations, so it will take a long time (if ever!) for me to get 100 karma!

@rmehta, I noticed some gross translation errors that are verified. It would be very interesting if the translator tool could accept my corrections as “suggestions” (without accepting them as verified), even if I don’t have enough karma. The idea is that someone else, with enough karma, could verify and accept the correction - or I could do it myself later, when I reach the required karma. Otherwise, every time I find a translation error I would need to make a note of it somewhere else, which would double my work on the translation and delay the improvements.

Do you think such change in the translator is possible?

(BTW, if you browse the translator tool while not logged in, it will show the word “Verifed” instead of “Verified”. :joy:)

@FunKing, due I have karma, I’ll revise and approve the translations!

@max_morais_dmm, thanks bro! :thumbsup:

But the problem persists: I’m changing / verifying translations, and many of them are many months old (some more than a year old) yet were never verified! I’m certain that this is probably not limited to the Brazilian translation, so it would be much more productive for the project to fix this problem (and maybe even add a couple of other features) to make translations both easier and faster to be made and published.

For instance, I find myself trying to verify my own translations because my name (as author of the translation) appears on the other side of the screen. My guess is that disabling (graying) the verify button in these cases could be an easy fix…

Food for thought: why not leave the translation business to a platform built entirely just for that?

Perhaps we better discuss this in another thread…