System Settings Date Format

Hello

Continuing the discussion from Set Date Format:

When will ERPNext support DD MMM YYYY?
I am presently exploring ERPNext. While going through the system settings, I noticed that this date format does not exist.
How can I create my own date format to show up here?
What is the process or how do I customize this setting?
(I am a total noob to Frappe and ERPNext btw)

Thanks

Hi, go to /desk#Form/System Settings and change the date and time settings there.

One thing that I would like to have, maybe as a feature request, is that we are able to choose the first day of the week. Now it’s sunday in every pick calendar, but in Europe, we work with monday.

2 Likes

Exactly, Laurens
I did go to /desk#Form/System Settings. But here I cannot change the date format to DD-MMM-YYYY (ie 12-Jul-2016). Because there is no such option available.

So my query was how do I create such option to show up in the System Settings page?

Thanks

Are you sure you logged in as administrator? You should have sufficient rights to change certain parameters.

I took a screenshot for you how it should look:

Hi @sankethkumar @Laurens,
Did you find any solution ?
How can I formate date e.g. (β€œ%d %B %Y”) 12-Jul-2016.

Many Thanks,

@Laurens I have added my format as dd-mmm-yyyy.
changes reflect every where in the application,
But it shows error on datepicker.

Any help would be much appreciated!

I am facing the same issue. Have you found any solution for the same?
That would be a great help.

Bumping this thread, hoping for a solution

Yes, please, this would be great. It really makes reading dates a scanable action, specially when dealing with multi language operations where mm-dd-yyyy is also a thing as the usual dd-mm-yyyy

Also looking for the ability to change the date format, though based in UK we use the dd-mmm-yyyy format to avoid confusion with different implimentations of dd-mm-yy or mm-dd-yy.

Raised this as a Feature Request. Hopefully someone will be able to implement it as an option.