Server error broken pipe

hi every day i entered to the website i get this error and then i have to restart the bench.
i think something is missing

Server Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/app.py”, line 69, in application
response = frappe.website.render.render()
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 65, in render
data = render_page(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 117, in render_page
return build(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 124, in build
return build_page(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/render.py”, line 137, in build_page
context = get_context(path)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/context.py”, line 18, in get_context
context = build_context(context)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/context.py”, line 84, in build_context
update_controller_context(context, context.controller)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/website/context.py”, line 46, in update_controller_context
ret = module.get_context(context)
File “/home/frappe/frappe-bench/apps/frappe/frappe/www/error.py”, line 11, in get_context
print frappe.get_traceback().encode(“utf-8”)
IOError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe

Can you please check what you get in your ‘bench start’ screen? Are any errors there?

no error but when i restart the server it works
i do’t know exactely the issue

I am facing same issue!!

I am dealing with this on daily basis which is annoying, How to solve this?

Whenever I’ve had this issue, it’s usually because of a Redis problem. I’m not sure if that helps narrow it down for you, but that could be a place to look.

Maybe check the redis web server log for clues?

Or restart the web browser or clear its cache?

My take is that the redis server writes to the pipe - HTTP socket connection - for the browser client to read from and render the web page, but the client has closed the pipe that raises a SIGPIPE error.

This may help explain python - IOError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe when piping: `prog.py | othercmd` - Stack Overflow

How can I prevent this to happen?
Can any one help me on this?

I am having the same issue. And it’s recurring. Any fix on this?

@SOLOSOFT does your problem occur on a NAT networked VM running Ubuntu 16?

If so see this network problem Socket.error: [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer using ftplib - #11 by JoEz

Actually I deploy it on lenode

Do you mean NJ provider linode.com and is your OS Ubuntu 16?

If so Mohammad_Ahmad_Zulfi, JoEz, vjFaLk found better results with this:

apt-get install python-minimal

This may help Installation Error / Permissions error - #15 by Mohammad_Ahmad_Zulfi

Yes linode.com

@Clement_Uwajeneza1 offers this observation and fix - thanks!

1 Like

what is the code to do that
?

1 Like

For me it was error in starting redis related process in starting

`erpnext-redis:erpnext-redis-cache FATAL Exited too quickly (process log may have details)

erpnext-redis:erpnext-redis-queue FATAL Exited too quickly (process log may have details)

erpnext-redis:erpnext-redis-socketio FATAL Exited too quickly (process log may have details)

erpnext-web:erpnext-frappe-web RUNNING pid 14055, uptime 0:00:02

erpnext-web:erpnext-node-socketio FATAL Exited too quickly (process log may have details)

erpnext-workers:erpnext-frappe-default-worker-0 RUNNING pid 13796, uptime 0:01:29

erpnext-workers:erpnext-frappe-long-worker-0 RUNNING pid 13797, uptime 0:01:29

erpnext-workers:erpnext-frappe-schedule RUNNING pid 13795, uptime 0:01:29

erpnext-workers:erpnext-frappe-short-worker-0 RUNNING pid 13798, uptime 0:01:29
`

I kill the process as below
sudo kill -9 sudo lsof -t -i:11000`

sudo kill -9 sudo lsof -t -i:12000

sudo kill -9 sudo lsof -t -i:13000``

And bench start did the trick.